cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort Sequence for Putaways (Cross-line Stock Putaway)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Please explain wht is sort sequence for Putways. i already studied IMG doc and help sap, but i am unable to understand the configuration and actual working part of the above topic.

So pl explain.

Thanks in advance.

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically it is to allow you to fill up you bins either left to right or top to bottom.

You can decide which way to go.

If you do not use it the warehouse will fill up alpha numerically by st type and bin

I hope that this helps

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know its not that easy to get this concept but let us give it a try

example

bin 01-01-01

bin end 01-02-05

so it means i have one shelf and there i have 2 stack(coloum) and 5 levels or floors.

now if you try to do the put away in this then system is going to search for the first empty bin and *foucs on this ......how system finds a bin *

system will read the 01 (shelf no.) so now we know that system has the shelf number.

now it will find the stack no. 01 that is coloum first in that shelf.

now system will find the level 01 means ground floor

and system will keep the goods in the position 01-01-01

*with sort sequence now focus in it *

suppose if i truncate the shelf no. from the bin location so i will be having

01(stack or coloum)-01(level)

so if now i try to put the material using sort sequence then system is going to read stack 01 first and it will consider this stack number as a shelf number and it will consider the level as the stack number .

so it will kwp the goods in

01-01

01-02(stack 2 )

now question is how to truncate the shelf number

so u can do that by going in customization of the sort sequence and there you will find numbers 1 to 10

these numbers are nothing but the total bin numbers means you can create the bin cordinate upto 10 number .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S S - r r - L L

0 1 - 0 1 - 01

i trired my best to explain but i know its not clear enough but you can get atleast an idea from this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had your question answered so if you are happy with this can you please award points if you want to but mainly can you please mark your question as answered so that it is easier to navigate around the open questions in the forum as the number of pages are growing and growing and it takes too long to go through everything especially if a satisfactory answer has already been given and people like me who want to help will give up and so some people may not get any help.

Thanks for this

Frenchy.

andrzej_chmura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, make some tests and everything will be clear. For me it was also not clear to study only documentation.

Andrzej