cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is EHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is EHS ? is it a module or sub module ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varsha,

Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)

The specific or potential negative effect of a chemical, physical, biological, or other nature on the health or wellbeing of persons in a company.

SAP also uses the term to refer to hazards.

Agents have the specification category "agent." Depending on the Customizing settings for the agent type, agents can also be specifications, materials, or tasks. Examples of agents are:

UV radiation

Lifting loads

Mechanical hazard caused by lack of safety barrier

Butyl alcohol

For further information:::::

[fuller.mit.edu/ehs/relationship_cofig.ppt - ]

[http://www.dowcorning.com/content/services/servicesehs/services_ehs_sap.asp]

[http://www.dowcorning.com/content/publishedlit/90-1014.pdf]

[STD SAP documentatioin on EHS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ehs27b/helpdata/en/A5/3ADD4643BE11D188FE0000E8322F96/frameset.htm]

Some interseting results avaialable on Wiki for EHS (appart from Varsha's question wpuld like to share with forum) are...

*EHS may mean:*

- Emergency Health Services, a division of the Department of 
- Health in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia 
- Environment, Health and Safety, a common abbreviation for a corporate or administative division 
- European Home Systems Protocol, a home appliances control and communication standard 
- Exploding head syndrome, a rare medical condition 
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity, see Electrical sensitivity

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varsha,

EHS mean Environment health and safety. It comes under PLM. Under EHS there are various sub modules like IHS i.e industrial health and safety, waste management, dangerous goods., Occupational Health and Product Safety.

if u need more information in deatils, give me ur mail id .

Note: hope points should be rewarded for useful answer

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

My intentiona is not to point out, but when I see the message i felt like that, anyways its good attempt.

Varsha,

Coming to ur specific query, Measurement projects in EHS are meant for measuring different agents exposures within the work areas, For the assigned work areas you specify which agents are to be measured. You can assign the measurement methods to the agents you want to measure and can specify the period for measurement.

best example would be Noise measuremt with in the work areas.

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keshav,

Thanks for the motivation.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Amit.

I am currently working in IHS(Industrial hygine and safety)

Please give me some informations regarding this.

What is a measurement project???the transactions is CBIHM2

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hello varsha, Till you come up with your list, please refer to the url for the doc on EHS.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/Data/htm/english.htm-->; go to the index and pick up the book for EHS , product safety , Dangerous goods management , OHS , IHS ,reporting ....

though these are for 4.6c , but good to start off.

regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

EHS in SAP refer to Environment Health and Safety. It is a module in SAP PLM set and now is included in the SAP GRC solution map.

Varsha, you being a technical person, please tell me your exact requirement. i can give you details. But please specify the area you are looking at. is it reporting or is it workflows in EHS process , or Data upload , interfacing , .....

Please elaborate.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give detail informations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal .

Keshav,

Please give me some information about EHS..I am a technical person working in EHS ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyma, which module are you wroking for?? seems you doent know much on EHS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

You are correct I am not working on EHS right now. And that is also true that I don't know much over it. But,,,

Dear friend I have tried to share what ever I know about EHS to not only Varsha but to all the forum friends.But I would be really very helpful if you correct me where i was wrong? Did any of the link I pasted was non relevant?

But yes the quot I have pasted may look non relevant but that I have pasted to share a bit different to the forum that the EHS means for US (SAP people) is Environment Health and Safety. But there are some other means of EHS exist in the world, that I retrieved from Wikipedia while I was serchin some reading material over EHS. And I have well indicated this also that this information is non relevant to the question (by pasting the text as <CODE>.

Although it was un-intentional, and I sincerely apologies if I my reply misguided any of my forum friend.

Regards,

- Shyamal