cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD & PS Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have got a scenario for the customer project.

1) My client receives RFQ from his customer and then as per RFQ plan the material n cost and give quotation. My ides is to create project first and plan cost in project and then attached to sales order or quotation. Does it sounds ok? How can we do it?

2) In this case, materials will not be added individually rather thru BOM into activities. How the price of materials will come into picture if some of them will be bought out ans some in-house produced?

3) Suppose this is the unique product coming for the first time, who will make the new BOM for attaching into activity?

4) I want to attach milestones in project, so billing plan will be made in PS or SD?

5) What reference we have to give in Sales order or quotation for the particular project?

6) Can we have more thn one billing plan for a sales order?

Pls. help me for this.

pallavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi

I have tried to solve your query --

1) My client receives RFQ from his customer and then as per RFQ plan the material n cost and give quotation. My ides is to create project first and plan cost in project and then attached to sales order or quotation. Does it sounds ok? How can we do it?

You can solve this problem using Sales pricing

1.First make the Inquiry using a material master

2.Create Project

3.Assign the Project and DIP Profile to Inquiry

4.Complete Costing in CJ40(Remeber in DIP Profile select Total Plan Cost in Source)

5.Sales pricing DP81

6.Change according to your requirement in Cost for Quotation in sales prices bais

7.here you can keep the calculation for billing plan

8.make the quotation

In second way you can complete there all the process in CJ20n too.but there you have to plan the cost using ECP

2) In this case, materials will not be added individually rather thru BOM into activities. How the price of materials will come into picture if some of them will be bought out ans some in-house produced?

for third party procured material the prices will come from Material (Moving Price or standard Price)

For inhouse production cost is collected in production level ...if youwant to see this cost in project at a time you can use production order as suborder in network .

3) Suppose this is the unique product coming for the first time, who will make the new BOM for attaching into activity?

BOM Will be made by your Engineering Department(Design )

Assign by Project manager

Exploded bye Project manager

Procurement will be handled from Purchase Department

4) I want to attach milestones in project, so billing plan will be made in PS or SD?

Billing Plan will be made in SD

5) What reference we have to give in Sales order or quotation for the particular project?

We have to take reference of WBS

6) Can we have more thn one billing plan for a sales order?

Yes

If you have any doubt ,,let me know--

Rewards point if useful

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Shanker

Thanks for the help. I need to know more.

I dont want to use ECP. I want to make the planned cost more visible in activities and distributed over time too. I understand ECP will not solve all purpose.

Now come for the billing plan. My query is little modified. Suppose i have got a Level -1 WBS elemnt (billing element) and one WBS element from Level 2 (also a billing element). Rest WBSe are not billing element.

a) Can i maintain two billing plans in one sales order (as sales order will be only one for this project) for these two WBSe?

b) Do we give WBSe name as reference in billing plan in SD?

c) If so, Do I have to mention both WBSe name in the billing plan for reference?

pallavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can have two different billing plans in sales order. In order to make it happened you need to have two item categories and assign different billing plans to respective item categories.

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Pl have a look at the scenario "Engineer To Order for a Turbine". You can get answers to most of your questions over there.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/51/5828e4a44c11d189bf0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

My question is.

1) In my sales order , if i have to bill the customer for two milestones under two different level WBS elements in one WBS structure, Can we have two separate billing Plan?

pallavi