cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LInkk to URL to send MAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am using Link to URL to genarate EMAIL that to be sent by the user .

In LINK to URL i am Passing the reference Field as "mailto:<mail_addr>?Subject=<subject of mail>"

This works fine Opens default mail browser of the system with Mailto address and the Subject specified .

I would like add the mail content as well . Could please let me know how i can accomplish this

I tried "mailto:<mail_addr>?Subject=<subjectof mail>?Text=<text of the mail> this did not work

Kindly assist

Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the following code

mailto:<mail_addr>?Subject=<subjectof mail>&body=<text of the mail>

Use & not ? after first parameter

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi ,

Thanks for your reply , The above things works only if the URL is 255 Char if the body contains long text like 500 odd chars . when i pass this URL with all the Content it opens the mail browser but will not create new mail .. Do you have any Idea how to resolve this ?

Waiting for your reply

Badari

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Abhi ,

>

> Thanks for your reply , The above things works only if the URL is 255 Char if the body contains long text like 500 odd chars . when i pass this URL with all the Content it opens the mail browser but will not create new mail .. Do you have any Idea how to resolve this ?

>

> Waiting for your reply

> Badari

Yes - send the mail directly from ABAP and not via the mail client. Then you work around the URL parameter limitations. ABAP has mail sending capabilities already built in via the BCS (Business Communication Services). If you want the user to be able to edit the message or choose the sender - you can do that via a Web Dynpro form before actually composing the final email. Here is a blog on the subject of how to use the BCS:

Answers (0)