cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration In QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never worked on VC.Now we want to use it.So i want to know, from QM point of view; what are the steps involved and what will be my role in VC as a QM Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example is you want to copy the values of a characteristic selected in Sale Order to QM Inspection Lot, then you can create Master Inspection Characteristics for QM. Then while changing the QM MIC, you may insert the Sale Order Characteristics in 'Class Char.' Here, when you select value for char. at sale order, the value gets copied to the QM Inspection Lot.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not yet completely clear.

Please if anybody can throw some more light on this.

As this is VC,there will be use of class characteristic.

Who is responsible for creation of this?I mean this master data comes under PP or QM module?

if i am using VC is there need of MIC then or w/o MIC also (only with class characteristic) I can do the R/R and UD?

How certificate of analysis will be different?

Edited by: sandip raut on Jul 17, 2008 12:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The VC data is a cross module data. This can be used in SD (while creating Sale Order), in MM (for ordering Sale Order specific material), in PP (for manufacturing Sale Order specific material), in QM (for checking whether the material has been manufactured / recieved as per Sale Order specifications).

For detailed information you may go through document LO - VC or online help available on help.sap.com.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

I am going through the document LO-VC but meanwhile if you can give the answers to my question,it will be helpful to understand it.

Also i request Mr. Craig, Mr. Shyamal also all other gurus to help me.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Please check this online document for variant configuration.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LOVC/LOVC.pdf

Qm point of view is same as you work with your routing and production order manufacturing.

Hope this will help. Rewards if useful

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no hard and fast rule on who owns VC. It can be used in a number of areas.

For quality people it typically comes into play in a make-to-order scenarios where the specs for inspection are going to come from the sales orders. In this case, Quality should be highly involved.

Any characteristics to be used in resutls recording will of course need MICS created for them. You'll also need to set the inspection types up right in the material master.

Who creates the characteristics? The classes? Who approves the changes? Drives the changes? It's different from client to client, business to business and maybe even material to material. That all has to be defined by the business.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

I am sad to say that I haven't got much opportunity to work on the Variant Configuration yet. But some where I had gone through a beautiful ppt over it that I would like to share with you which may help you.

Along with that recently I came across a blog also exclusively maintained over the same topic.

Herewith pasted link for both, go through it I am sure it may add some help to this thread's subject.

[Blog|http://sapvariantconfiguration.blogspot.com/]

[ppt|http://www.slideshare.net/arun_bala1/variant-configuration-overview]

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 23, 2008 10:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I am working in the variant configuration environment, ecc 6.0 where the KMAT material is created as finish goods. I have issue in the quality mgmt.
the case is as under. I want to create the object dependency at the Master Inspection Characteristics (mic) level. I have done following.

1. One class characteristics (class type 300) name “Z_segment” having range 100 to 150.this is class chars.
  2. Master inspection chars. “% Carbon” with class chars. “segment” (Mentioned above) as reference chars.
  3. Routing for the KMAT material with operation 0010. Where the MIC ‘%carbon”, “%metal “(% metal is plain MIC) are assigned. (I am also maintained this material with inspection point 0130 with no partial lot option)
  4. I now write the dependency for the MIC (%Carbon), but the dependency option from the top is gyved out.
  5. suggests me where I am wrong. Suggest way forward to write the object dependency.
  6. the inspection type is also maintained as insp. by configuration, and insp with task list. but i don't see the editable option in the extra- object dependency -editor, assignment for the characteristics line on the chars. overview of KMAT material routing. pl. guide me.

Thanks Regards,

Kareena