Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule line category - CN

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm PP Consultant. I want to know the meaning of Schedule line category CN - No Mat. Planning for sales order line items

Thanks & Regards,

Sankaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sankaran

The items in a sales document are divided into one or more schedule lines. These schedule lines differ from each other with respect to date and quantity.

Different control elements are also defined for the schedule lines. For example, for some schedule lines, material requirements planning is not carried out; for other schedule lines, it is carried out. Also goods receipt, not goods issue, is posted for a schedule line defined in a returns document.

The various schedule line categories are controlled in different ways:

- The schedule line AT in inquiries is used only for information.

- No requirements are transferred and no availability check is carried out for the schedule lines BN and CN.

- Requirements are transferred and the availability of the material is checked for the schedule lines BP and CP.

- No stocks are managed for the schedule line categories BT, CT and CX. No goods issue is posted for the categories BT and CT. However, goods issue is posted for CX.

- The schedule line categories BV and CV are controlled in the same manner as the categories BN and CN. However, requirements can be passed on for analysis purposes.

- Goods receipt is posted for the schedule line DN in a returns document.

- The schedule line categories CN, CP, CT, and CV are relevant for delivery; the other schedule line categories are not.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankaran,

The scheduleline category will be determined based on this combination.

Itemcategory(From sales order)+MRP Type(Material Master)-->Schedule line category.

In your case it might defined based on

TAN+ND(No planing)--->CN(No.Mat planing).

Transaction VOV5

You have maintained ND -No planing in your material master MRP 1 view so system determining the schedule line category CN with no planing.

I hope it will clear for you

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Jul 8, 2008 5:14 AM