cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Channel schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to schedule a communication in such a way that it is NOT OPEN between 4AM - 9AM every Sunday. I looked at Availability Time Planning, but could only get schedule for opening the channel and not closing.

Please let me know the efficient method to STOP the channel for a particular period on a weekly basis.

Appreciate your help,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

You can achieve this by starting the Communication channel after 9 am everyday and stopping it before 4 am the next day.

You can create a daily Availability time plan and give the starting time after 9 am and give the duration as 19 hrs so that the channel will be active till 4 am the next day.

You can try this and check.

If it is only Sunday that you want the channel to be inactive during this time,then you can exclude Sundays alone from your daily Availability time plan and create a separate schedule for the Sundays.For the Sunday's schedule,you can start the Communication channel after 9 am.

What is the duration that you want the channels to be active on days other than Sunday?

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

Edited by: Induja Ramesh on Jul 8, 2008 4:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Induja,

Thanks for the reply. I want the channel to be open 24 hrs on all 6 days (Mon-Sat). ONLY on Sunday it needs to be CLOSED from 4AM to 9AM.

From your post, I understand that I need to create TWO weekly schedules:

Schedule 1: 24 hr schedule for Mon-Sat

Schedule 2: 19 hr schedule for Sunday (Open from 9AM-4AM)

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Yes.You have understood it right.You have to create two scedules for the adapter.

You can create the daily scedule and you can give the start time as 4 am and duration as 24 hrs.

Then,you can exclude the Sundays from this schedule.You will have to create a separate schedule for Sundays.In that,you can give the start time for the adapters as 9 am (so that the ideally the channel is inactive on Sundays from 4 am to 9 am) for a duration of 19 hrs.In that way,the channel will be active from 9 am to 4 am the next day after which the usual Monday's schedule will take over.i.e,the adapter will be active from 4 o'clock as per the daily schedule.

This should work.Try this out and check.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder why this is not possible using the exclude option?

Ranjit