cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Double Byte Characters in URL For Session Variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I supply the value for a session variable in the URL for an IRPT page where the value contains double byte characters, Japanese in this case, the characters are corrupted by the time they are entered for the session variables. Does anyone know a solution to this problem or experience in this area? Currently using xMII 11.5 SR3.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could very easily be that 11.5 was not 100% double byte capable too - this has been addressed in version 12.0.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

I would suspect that under the covers the session variable is of datatype string. For double byte characters, it would need to be wstring. There is a better explanation to be found at:

Link: [Kanji and Java Datatypes|http://www.unix.com.ua/orelly/java-ent/jenut/ch10_04.htm] or you can try google on Kanji Datatype OR Kanji Java Datatype

It could also be a problem with the operating system which I ran into about 10 years ago, but I would hope that Microsoft had moved beyond that by now.

Maybe some more technical folks could chime in to confirm or deny my explanation.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 8, 2008 5:23 PM