cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinSock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a repository in the SAP MDM console. when i try to connect to data manager i am getting an error as

"WinSock error on connect".

Can anybody help me

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

here some possibilities for a failure:

1. Is the repository loaded?

2. Is the port of the repository used by an other repository

3. Is the port blocked by a firewall

4. Is it possible to connect to the repository from a Data Manager which is installed on the mdm server

5. Is the version of the mdm Server the same as the version of your data manger

You see there are a lot of possibilities please specify your problem.

regards

Oliver

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I just installed MDM 5.5 on HP-UX and DBMS is oracle. Please guide me my next step of config. I tried various options of clix and I ended up nowhere. Not able to find the right How-to from the How-to Link.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Raghu Balasubramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Log on to the MDM console and check the status of the repository you are trying to connect to in the Data Manager.

Winsock error occurs mostly when the repository is not in "loaded Running" Status.

To correct this log on to the console and Load the repository you want to connect to.

Please dont forget to reward points

Regards,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Try it out the following solutions.

1) Whenever you get WinSock error, try to unload & unmount the repository, stop the server and start server and then mount & load the repository. Whenever the connection to backend database is lost, this error pops up.

2) Another thing to check is the server and your API are of the same version.

3) Also make sure you're using the correct port number. You can see this via the console manager - click on the mounted server, the port number is displayed in the list beside the repository name.

thanks

Alexander

Note : Please do NOT forget to reward points in the forum.