cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors Different between Print Preview and Actual Print

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I print preview my invoice document, all the styling looks fine. However, when I actually print it, the styling is completely different. Issues that I am having with my print is basically summed up with these issues:

1. White text is printed as black text

2. Grey shaded backgrounds come out as black dithered backgrounds

3. Color/monochrome bitmap images come out dithered and pixelated

I have a feeling this is a driver/setting issue between SAP and my printer, but if you have any insights please let me know and I will respond quickly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way I solved this problem was by changing the driver for the device in t-code SPAD. My printer is a Lexmark Optra T632 and I tried to use both Lexmark print drivers but both failed. I then switched to POST2 and the print out is much better than before.

Edited by: mark lee on Jul 8, 2008 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using LOCL as printer name to test? If yes, change this to the actual printer name and try printing.

Even after this, if the printing is not fine, check the style (if it is SMARTFORMS) and then as a last resolution approach the basis to guide you or load the drivers of the printer.

Regards,

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure where the setting of "LOCL" is set. If you are talking about the device output printer when I set "Issue Output To" in VF02, then I have it set to our current printer.

I am using a smartform with smartstyles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me fix how to make the print preview match the output? I know my printer is set correctly and the smartstyles and table shading are also correct. Would it make a difference if I output it as a PDF instead of send it to the printer?