cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There an Automated Script to Shutdown and Startup ECC 6.0 on Windows NT?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We are looking for a script that will automatically startup and shutdown R/3 ECC 6.0. This is so that we incorporate this script in a third part software that performs our cold backups (Full File System Backups ) on Windows 2003 Weekly.

The current method is for the operator to manually shutdow services and SAP thru Remote connections. and because we also SAP BI with RFCs to SAP ECC we also need to shut down SAP BI to avoid errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,

maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure how the BI would be shutdown automatically as it would be the remote system.

But for the current system, where you want to take the offline backup; configure the BRBACKUP utility so that you can take the backup using DB13 transaction code. This is SAP defined tcode to schedule the backups and other activities.

This would automatically take care of all the things like shutdown and start the system.

You can search the material to configure backup using tcode DB13.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

We have never used DB13 to do the backups, they have always been completed via third party software. We are using commvault to start the backups now that we are are on windows, and last year before the upgrade and migration to windows we use third part , and unix scripts to perform the backups

Do you have any documentation on how to configure db13?

Thanks,

Maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Deepak,

the first link I could not go to..

the second link is for Oracle DB., we are on Windows using SQL 2005 (do you have a similar document for SQL 2005?)

and I was able to view the SAP online Help

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have scripts to do the backup on Oracle

But this link would help you in some aspect

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/f2/31ad9e810c11d288ec0000e8200722/frameset.htm

And I am looking for some more documentation.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

That's good information.

Our shutdown/startup proceedure that operations has to perform before doing the backup via third party software commvault is ;

stop SAP SID thru MMC

stop all SAP services

stop MS SQL service

then startup ... reverse...

My dilemma is to automate this and then allow for commvault to do its thing. Commvault is good for the online sql backups because we don't have to stop anything, but for cold backups , must stop all services and sap to get the backup completed

Thanks,

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure that SAP supports Commvault backup software.

But if you can try out one option; that ur backup should start a script before starting the backup then your automation would be possible.

For Stopping: you can create a batch file like this

stopsap command (to stop sap servers)

net stop <service name>

specify the service names in order eg.

net stop sapservice<SID>

netstop mssqlserver.

For starting:

net start <service name>

change of sequence here

startsap command

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

is the stopsap command and other commands valid on windows 2003 and sql 2005? I recognize this command from our previous UNIX / Oracle install

(we recently migrated from UNIX / Oracle TO Windows 2003 64bit, SQL 2005)

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes those are valid in this one also.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

cool..

so I can use these commands in command line ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes these all are there.

Try it and update the result.

Best of luck

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

tried it, and found that

stopsap requires params ie.

stopsap name=<SID> nr=<SYYSNR> SAPDIAOST=<host>

question;

it seems to be taking a LONG time to stop and there is the Java component installed that typically is the first to go down when I use MMC (ie. right click over the SID and stopsap)

maria

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok , I tried it again and definitely only the abap component comes down, I have the following

+ECS

+M2003071DVM

+m2003071dvm 0

+m2003071dvm 1

Note: m2003071dvm 0 Comes down ok BUT m2003071dvm 1 (Java stack) does not with stopsap

please advise

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to do this

stopsap ALL

If it doesnot wotk then try these

stopsap R3

stopsap J2EE

stopdb

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Deepak, I have been able to use a combination of your commands to achieve a script we will be testing the TSS (Comp. Operation) and include our commands for third part backup agents.

I will award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks

And also update the result. Are you able to achieve the target.

Best of luck

Answers (0)