cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Maintenance Schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are in the plan/analyze phase of our project. The client is asking us to estimate the requirements for weekly maintenance window for the Production and Development environments. The solution to-be consists of an ECC 6.0, BI 7.1, PI 7.1, and Portal 7.0 with an Oracle 10g backend. What do you folks have as requirements for your Production and Development weekly maintenance windows? What is the duration of the planned outage? What type of maintenance activities occur at downtime? I'm fairly new to technical architecture, any help will be well appreciated.

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

to be honest - if you are asking these questions you really should not design that system for your customer.

Get professional help on that, watch, listen, learn - get some experience with system maintenance.

Neither you or your client will be happy if you deliver your first design to him and you just realize that you should have known all the things you learned by implementing the system before you designed it.

just my point of view.

best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the advice Lars,

I'm actually not designing the system. I'm an analyst hired to provide initial estimates. Its not my line of work, I'm more intune with RICEFW work but they assigned the task to me so I am reaching out to the good folks here.