Did you mean: 

Retry configuration

Werner_Magerl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to configure the RETRY modus of XI for a single Adapter,

or connection, e.g the HTTP adapter?

I know there are some configuration parameters for the XI system.

Is it possible to configure the how XI restarts the messages in RETRY modus?

We have the problem, that sometimes the connection to a HTTP receiver is broken

and then all messages are in RETRY.

When the connection is back, then XI starts the messages in RETRY mode,

but the it can occure that there are two many messages started at one time.

When this happens the receiver server breaks down becuase of too many connections or so.

So we try to find an option to limit the amount of messages which are started in RETRY.

Maybe there is a "PACKAGE" parameter or something like that????

Or is it possible to limit the connections of an HTTP adapter

and this can limit the connections in RETRY mode?

best regards

Werner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

Vikranth

Werner_Magerl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will check some of the parameters and reports, ut I think not all of my questions are solved with the blog.

Especially if I can limit the messages to be restarted automatically at the same time.

How is XI doing the restart?

Does it trigger all messages at the same time or is there an option to restart messgaes which are elder then e.g. 5 Minutes???

thanks

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look at this blog

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now more specific questions:

I have the problem with the HTTP adapter!!!

Is the report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES restarting the messages in error?

When I send all messages for the partner with the HTTP adapter into one queue,

are the RESTART messages also put in this queue again or is XI using

another queue or another technic.

best greards

Werner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Werner,

If the receiver application fails due to many simulataneous connection request, then you could solve it by using EOIO QoS. With this QoS in place, you can be sure that only one connection request is sent to the receiver application at a time.

But the negative side is you loose the advantage of parallel execution and one message failing due to incorrect data from sender appln would block all further messages.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander/Werner,

>>When I send all messages for the partner with the HTTP adapter into one queue,

are the RESTART messages also put in this queue again or is XI using

another queue or another technic

When you use this report, no change occurs to the queues that you use. If suppose a message in Queue say "MyQueue1" fails, then this is restarted for processing. The message still remains in this queue. It is not moved out. So all further messages waiting in this queue will get processed only after the first message that is the restarted message gets processed sucessfuly.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot for all answers, I will try the queue method to reduce the messages to my partner.

Hopefully the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGE works fine here also.

My scenario is EO. Does a message in error block the queue then and also block the following messages, or does XI try to send the next messages then?

best regards

Werner

P.S. I am working with the user id from my collegue

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>My scenario is EO. Does a message in error block the queue then and also block the following messages, or does XI try to send the next messages then?

When you use RSXMB_RESTART, it restarts the failed message in the queue and all simultaneous msgs also get executed. But this particular interface message will not be there in a single queue coz you are using "EO". It will be spread across all queues. So multiple messages will still hit your receiver application.

The only way to reduce the number of simultaneous connections would be using EOIO.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But again use of EOIO queue has there own advantages and disadvantes.

Thanks

Farooq.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>We have the problem, that sometimes the connection to a HTTP receiver is broken

As in your case the used adapter is HTTP. It reside in IE, so steps that we do for others adapters like JDBC, SOAP etc. (reside in AE) is not applicable.

Also if I am not wrong, if the target URL (in HTTP adapter) is unavailable then message will go in System Errors (after standard no of Retry), then it has to be Restarted.

Thanks

Farooq.

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Jul 9, 2008 12:58 PM