cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java GUI problem with SSO logon ticket

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use SAP GUI for Java 7.10 rev 3 , with Single Signon on an Intel Mac running Leopard 10.5.4. It's not working, and I'm not getting much sympathy from the Windows-centric Basis folks here.

The problem seems to be that the Java GUI is not correctly parsing the logon ticket.

I connect to our portal with Firefox, and get a logon pad. When I select a system, a logon ticket is downloaded and passed to the Java GUI. The GUI responds with an error message:

Connect to message server failed:

Error: hostname 'System]

Name=R3P

Client=300

GuiParm=' unknown

Mon Jul 7 13:07:26 2008

Release 710

Component NI (network interface), version 39

rc = -2, module niuxi.c, line 1599

Detail NiPGetHostByName: 'System]

Name=R3P

Client=300

GuiParm=' not found

System Call getaddrinfo

If I'm reading that message correctly, it seems to think that the string beginning with System, and ending with GuiParm=, and containing a few linebreaks, is a hostname, and it's trying to look up that name, and not surprisingly getting a failure.

Opening the logon ticket with a text editor, I see:

[System]

Name=R3P

Client=300

GuiParm=/M/r3prd.iris.uky.edu/S/3600/G/myUK_Logon_Grp

[User]

Name=matt

at="MYSAPSSO2=AjExMDAgAAtwb3J0YWw6bWF0dIgAE2Jhc2ljYXV0aGVudGljYXRpb24BAARNQVRUAgADMDAwAwADTldQBAAMMjAwODA3MDcxNzA2BQAEAAAACQoABE1BVFT/AQYwggECBgkqhkiG9w0BBwKggfQwgfECAQExCzAJBgUrDgMCGgUAMAsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATGB0TCBzgIBATAiMB0xDDAKBgNVBAMTA05XUDENMAsGA1UECxMESjJFRQIBADAJBgUrDgMCGgUAoF0wGAYJKoZIhvcNAQkDMQsGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAcBgkqhkiG9w0BCQUxDxcNMDgwNzA3MTcwNjM3WjAjBgkqhkiG9w0BCQQxFgQUkjcBGQOXOMHhc4j46c/MnD!Y15EwCQYHKoZIzjgEAwQwMC4CFQDCDn7l2hR3QGV6KRDd4Qyzhy6QmAIVAI7PKVmJje!kq6waOt!T/xU8Q8mV"

Language=EN

[Function]

Command=SMEN

Type=Transaction

[Configuration]

Workplace=false

[Options]

Reuse=0

Comparing that to the GUI error message, it appears that the GUI thinks everything after the initial [ and before the first / is the hostname of the message server.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt, I ran into the exact same issue at my current client, just curious, have you been able to resolve the issue? I'm using SAPGui for Jave 7.20 rev2 and Mac OS X 10.6.3.

Thanks and best regards,

Antti Kesti

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antti,

I have this requirement to fulfill. Can you pls let me know following things, or that way you have configured

1. Does GUI for JAVA need any addition third party tools to achieve SSO or Portal Logon Tickets will do this?

2. If Portal is configured for Integrated windiws authentication how does this scenario works?

Thanks&Regard

Ravindra Tanguturi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antti,

I have this requirement to fulfill. Can you pls let me know following things, or that way you have configured

1. Does GUI for JAVA need any addition third party tools to achieve SSO or Portal Logon Tickets will do this?

2. If Portal is configured for Integrated windiws authentication how does this scenario works?

Thanks&Regard

Ravindra Tanguturi