cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we update file content with the file name: FILE adapter: IDOC -> File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is an IDOC ->File scenario using FCC.

In my receiver side File adapter (using FCC), in the field 'File Construction Mode' I have choosen 'Add Counter'. This is creating an output file with an incremental counter number.

Now the user needs the same incremental number in one of the file fields. Is it possible to do this?

Eg: If the file name created on FTP is 'File-000999' the user wants the number '000999' in one of the file fields. ( This value was never in the incoming IDOC as its generated in XI)

I have checked threads like

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

but could not get much headway.

Appreciate if you could share some suggestion/solution for this.

Thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you need to design the Custom Adapter Module with getting the File name related counter and add it in payload.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jul 7, 2008 5:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

How do we do that. Do you mean I will need to create a new Adapter type for this ?

If you know of any threads/blogs on this, appreciate if you could share.

Thanks

Shirin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi as the previous poster commented...

It is easy to get a value out of the payload and into the filename but to go the otherway is not.

Therefore I would have to also advise you that the way to go forward with this is to write a module for the file adapter.

Also with regard to the blog you looked at this was from the sender adapter and then eventually the receiver adapter.

What you have to remember is that your mapping occurs before you call the adapter. Therefor once the message is in the AE you can no longer utilize the mapping.

Edited by: Alex on Jul 7, 2008 6:02 PM