cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SAP to PC Miler

0 Kudos

HI,

I need to connect SAP to third party software PC Miler (Routing, Milage and Mapping Connectivity Software).

The requirement is as follows:

An interface is needed from an R/3 shipment (document) to the PC Miler system to acquire accurate road based distances to populate the stages of that shipment with those correct distances for accurate freight cost calculations.

To obtain those distances requires a user exit written from SAP R/3, using a function module performing a remote function call to PC Miler, to retrieve the information and store in z tables, to populate the R/3 shipment with those accurate distances.

Any suggestions how this can be achieved?

Thanks in advance,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Is the problem solved. If so please send any documentation to help me to integrate PC Miler to SAP.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have any examples or documentation on having the ABAP FM call pc miler directly? WE currently use SAP-->XI-->PC MILER rfc call we want to eliminate as many points of failure as possible for this interface.

Any documents or examples will be appreciated.

thanks!

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

Was a resolution ever found for this?

dan_pfingsten2
Participant
0 Kudos

More specifically, does anyone have any experience in creating/configuring the RFC connection between PC Miler and SAP and how to get the server program registered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

We are also trying to achieve the same. Can you please let me know me the steps how you did this?

former_member290897
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

from what i understood out of your description the following information may be useful for you to the SAP Internet Graphics Server (IGS):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/86c039c7811f11e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0a/404d40cef71059e10000000a155106/content.htm

Some more specific information about IGS can be found by searching for the expression "IGS" in the SDN search function under www.sdn.sap.com.

Hope this information is useful 4 u,

Juergen