cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12.0 on 4.6C to xMII 12.0 on ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are upgrading our R/3 system. We have a good understanding of what needs to be done on the R/3 side. Now we are looking into all our systems that connect to SAP. xMII is one of the many systems.

Is there anything that should be considered when we are doing an upgrade of our R/3 system from the MII side of things?

Is the connectivity still the same?

Any known issues?

Thank you for any information,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

we switched from 46B to ERP with no Problems.

The only thing we had to change: The connection from MII to 46B was without Unicode. Now we are using ERP with Unicode, so we had to set Unicode in the Message Listener to "1".

Regards

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the answers! Now all I need to do is try it with an ECC connection.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

I know this thread has been answered by several people, but I wanted to add my two cents.

We went 'live' with our initial xMII 12 implementation in June, basically on the heels of a 4.7-->ECC 6 upgrade in May. While this timing definitely created many challenges to our project, these challenges were mostly due to having to navigate a complex development landscape and getting fresh data in the validation/test environment.

Some things you may want to watch out for:

-The earlier reference to unicode may be applicable.

-Changes to RFC/Bapi definitions

-Changes in security settings for some of the BAPIs

None of these escalated beyond 'minor nuisance'.

Also, if you are doing any work with RFCs or Idocs, you may find that you no longer have access to some of the handy tools on the R/3 side in ECC, for instance I had to get a special role developed so I could access SM59 in ECC6.

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be fine.