cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a system in portal server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do the tutorial: How to Create a JDBC-based iView for Add/Update/Delete Record.

Its pre-requisite is: A system – with an alias “JDBC” – defined on your portal server, and mapped to a database.

Since I am new to VC, I do not know how to create a system, and I also do not know how to access the portal server.

Please help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Makarand,

this e-learning session shows how th create a jdbc-system in a portal.Hope it helps.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ce8502fa-0701-0010-319a-bdb...

Regards

Frank

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the blog below.

/people/aviad.rivlin/blog/2004/12/12/1-2-3-dragrelate-or-dr-for-dummies

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

Some more info on how to create systems.

For general information about accessing the System Landscape editor, see the portal Administration Guide on SAP Help Portal at help.sap.com

w04 ¨ SAP Library ¨ SAP NetWeaver ¨ People Integration ¨ Portal ¨ Administration Guide ¨ System Administration ¨ System

Configuration ¨ System Landscape ¨ Creating Systems.

check out connector urls during creating the JDBC system.

jdbc:sap:sqlserver://localhost:1433

com.sap.portals.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Note: please award with points.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makarand,

Do you have any one who has the access to portal with administrator rights. I am hereby sending you the steps on how to create a system.

To define a system:

1. Create a new system; define all its properties

2. Create a default system alias.

3. Create a user mapping (from the user you use in VC) to the system alias, using the user\password to the backend system.

4. TEST the connection in the portal. If the test succeeds, it should be visible in VC discovery panel.

VC retrieves the systems via the portal.

You have to define the systems or use the defined systems in the portal you are connected.

To define systems in the portal:

System Administration => system configuration => system landscape:

in the PCD: right click on a folder and Add new system.

Then you have to define all the mandatory properties: Connector / Was / User management ...

don’t forget to map your portal user with an R3/JDBC user...

thank you very much.