cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division field - Basic data 1 and sales org 1 view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise why is there a division data field in basic data 1 and sales org 1 views? What's the purpose of this field in basic data 1? My understanding division is used to define a product line in a particular sales area. which mainly related to SD.

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both are same only i think there is no difference between these two fields....

Mainly because in some cases mateirals will not belongs to sales but still u want to know the divsion of material then u can get it from basic data tabage...

Regards

sankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my options,there is no difference between them.because you change one of them,another change auto , if. certainly,division also show cost 1 view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Peter ,

The division in the matrial master helps you to indity which sales area the product is belonging to .

the division in the sales org 1 table serves the purpose

If you will change the division in the sales org 1 tab the division will be changed in the Basic data 1 tab also

hence the division in the sales org 1 tab takes the prefrence while detrmining the sales area of tthe product

You can your self see the changes by changing the division in sales org1 tab and obsereve the changes in basic data 1

Regards

Aditya