cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Time vs Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be optimums option for the following scenario; I need to develop a pop up View in order to use it as a pop up for a similar concept as a matchcode in r/3 (custom development without OVS). So far I have the following options:

1.- Use only one View a create all the UI Elements in Design Time and all the binding, events and possible actions in Runtime, in order to reuse the pop up View for all the possible matchcodes.

2.- Create many views, each one for every pop up and all the UI elements with the corresponding binding, events and actions created at Design Time.

I want my WD app to be as efficient as possible. Please any comment or suggestion based on your experience would be appreciated.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you to go with the first option if your UI elements and context structure are same for each popup. Otherwise you need to do some extra effort.

If context node are different for each popup then go for the 2 option.

this is what i feel.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this article

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

Some time ago I tried to use the OVS but I had some troubles with some translations for labels. I could use the OVS if this troubles are solved. Can you send me th plug-in to ocovault in gmail in order to try this new feature.

Regards,

Orlando Covault