cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL problem: no tasks and uwl.xml not refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing two problems in uwl configuration: when I upload my uwl.xml configuration file (in Universal Worklist Configuration Content) then a new entry will be created in EP (register Current configurations) but the xml represents still the entries for the standard SAP_MDM_Repository_Prod.MDM_PRODUCTS and not my changes. I have already cleared the cache and restarted the UWL MDM application. Any ideas?

My 2nd question: How can a portal user be connected to a mdm user so that uwl knows for which user a task should be provided? I missed this section in the document "Integrating UWL in SAP MDM". I can create a user with the same name in mdm and assign him to the role needed for the specific workflow step. Do I have to make an one to one mapping in EP and if yes which steps have to be done. Any links to documents?

Thanks in advance. Points will be rewarded for helpful answers!

BR, bd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a link which can be useful to you:

[https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=13758195&messageID=5349798]

For your first problem, after making the changes in the xml file when you upload it in portal are you giving a new name to the xml configuration file. The uploaded file should reflect the changes made by you.

For your second problem,

You have to map the MDM user to the new Portal user that you created and are configuring the UWL for. The portal users should be assigned the eu role to them, to get the tasks in their UWL tasks list.

Reward points if found useful.

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick answers. Unfortunately my problem is not solved yet...

What do you mean exactly with assign the eu roles? Do you mean the following roles:

u2022 com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.superuser

u2022 com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.runtime

u2022 com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.designtime

u2022 com.sap.caf.eu.gp.roles.administration

or do you mean the roles I have created for the different workflow steps and to which I have assigned the workflow pages/worksets?

Regarding the uwl.xml file: Can I delete entries from the "Universal worklist configuration content" list? Even when I delete an uwl system the uwl configuration content is still there.

Regarding the user mapping: do you do the user mapping by clicking on the personalize link in top of the portal and assigning the current user (my user profile) to my mdm user account in the repository for the defined systemalias? Is that right?

Thanks for your answers, of course I will assign points after completing the task.

Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to use the UWL functionality you need to assign the eu role to the user. In the User Administration search the rule as eu there will be two roles that you need to assign one is eu_general and eu_core. After assigning the roles you will find the Home role assigned to that particular user which contains the workset Work in which there is a page named UWL through which user can perform the steps assigned to him.

Regarding User Mapping:

To connect to MDM Server you need to create the MDM System and give the system alias. Now go to the User Administration and navigate to user mapping (last tab) and give the username and password of MDM user. In this way you perform the Usermapping.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh, Hi experts,

I have assigned both mentioned eu roles to my user but I am still unable to get any workitems in uwl list. When I do an connection status test in uwl workitem list it is succesful but it has no items to show. When I log into MDM Data Manager with the same user (=the mapped user in EP) I will see the workitem in tab workflows. I don't know where to search for an error... Do you know if there exists a log file or something similar to see if any workitems for any user will be provided to EP?

Any additional suggestions? I did everything like mentioned in the sdn article "Integrating UWL in SAP MDM" except using the MdmIViewLauncher but I think this can't be the problem because I don't even get the workitems so launching it can't be the problem.

Thanks, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the MDM System you have created and set Tables with Workflows property to main table i.e.Tables with Workflows=Products.

Kindly update us on the same.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have my main table already there. This can't be the failure.

I use a custom repository with a custom uwl xml configuration. I will check this again, even when EP don't show me any warning or error within it. Do I have to give the systemalias or the real repository name within the uwl xml conifguration file?

Thanks for your responses. Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the similar issue and EP wont give any error or warning but if this property is not set you wont get any workitems in the UWL.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh, Hi experts,

do I have to write the name of the workflow table also into the uwl xml configuration file?

Should I write the name of my main table SapUser into the tag <Property name="workflowTable" value="${item.workflowTable}"/> e.g. <Property name="workflowTable" value="SapUser"/>?

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.mdm.all.tcbadi_new.SapUser" connector="MdmUwlConnector" defaultView="MdmWorkItemsCompletedView" defaultAction="showMdmDetails" executionMode="default">
      <Actions>
        <Action name="showMdmDetails" groupAction="no" handler="MdmIViewLauncher" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes" launchInNewWindow="yes">
          <Properties>
            <Property name="taskId" value="${item.jobId}"/>
	    <Property name="stepId" value="${item.stepId}"/>
            <Property name="userId" value="${item.userNames}"/>
            <Property name="workflowTable" value="${item.workflowTable}"/>
            <Property name="externalRequestEvent" value="com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.events.externals.ViewTaskRecordsHandler"/>
            <Property name="iview" value="pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_role_approval,pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_pa_dm_wf;pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_role_roledata,pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_pa_rm_wf;pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_role_userdata,pcd:portal_content/test.test_content/tcbadi_mdm_wf/tcbadi_mdm_pa_ud_wf"/>
          </Properties>
          <Descriptions default="Show Record Details"/>
        </Action>

Thanks and best Regards,

bd

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The MDM and EP can be on separate systems, there is no need of any FPN here.

Are you getting the workitems now in your UWL or not??

Please update us on the same.

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

I don't get any workitems in my uwl. I even created all the portal stuff completely new again yesterday but it just doesn't work and I don't know why... I also asked my admin to restart EP/J2EE and increased the uwl timeout. In MDM Data Manager all workitems are there and everything works fine with the workflow. And I don't get an error in EP so I don't know where to search for an error. Do you know where the uwl log file is located?

Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the Connection Status?? Is it showing successful for your System?

I have no idea about the log file.

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

thanks for your answer. Connection status in uwl is sucessful. I also tried different user mappings because

I thought this could be the problem of getting no workitems while having a succesful connection status.

Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also not getting the tasks in uwl, even though i configure for standard repositories (Product & Business Partners).

I am not getting any error in portal. All connections are fine.we are using MDM 5.5 SP6 and portal EP 7.0 SP14.

Please suggest me what i have to do for this.

Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

do I need a federated portal network (fpn) between my MDM system and EP because they are on different physical servers?

Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the xml file you have to change as follows:

uwl.completedtask.mdm.all.<systemAlias>.<tableCode>

uwl.task.mdm.jobs.<systemAlias>.<tableCode>

uwl.task.mdm.tasks.<systemAlias>.<tableCode>

Here you have to mention your System Alias name and the Main Table name.

And in the Tables with Workflows property you have to mention your table name from where the UWL has to pull out the Workflow Tasks from. Normally it will be the main table Products. If you are using more than 1 table it has to be separated using commas.

There are some properties that you need to set for your Result Set iView also.They are:

Is Add to job enabled? set to Yes

Is Remove from job enabled? set to Yes

Parameters to Pass from Page Request(for URl Isolation) set to *(asterisk)

Regards,

Becky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I found a hint in the sdn document "Integrating UWL in SAP MDM" that maybe the timeout for uwl should be increased. Can you tell me where to do this? It also mentions to check the UWL log files. Where are they located?

Thanks in advance for your responses. Best regards, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To increase the timeout period go to

System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow -> Universal Worklist - Administration, there at the bottom you will find "Optional Universal Worklist Service Configuration".

Choose Edit option and change the value for "Timeout Value for the Connected Systems, in Seconds"

Regards,

Becky.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

First, you need to put some ENTERS in the text you type:-), just joking, but it helps easy reading.

now ur first question. You have to upload the xml with your changes with a new name. Then create a UWL system.

Make sure the xml contains the "MDM_System_Alias_Name"."RepositoryName and also is pointing to the right page / iview for UWL

Second Question:

MDM has its own roles.

Create a Role "MDM Expert" and a User "Expert" in MDM. Assign the MDM Expert role to User "Expert".

you would have created a MDM system in portal and would have a system alias for it. Now you have to do User Mapping.

Now create a user in Portal say "portal_mdm_expert". Give the "End User permissions" on the MDM system to "portal_mdm_expert".

Now do a user mapping for MDM system to "portal_mdm_expert". For the mapping use MDM user "Expert"

Test the connection, should be successful. if not, then mapping is not right.

This will give the portal_mdm_expert access to UWL inbox of "Expert" in MDM.

you dont have to do anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I got an portal error when I change in uwl xml configuration file to MDM_System_Alias_Name.RepositoryName so I turned back to systemalias.tableCode (tableCode = my main table). Everything seems to work fine except having no work items...

Best regards, bd

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

In the system object that you created in System Administration. There is a field called Workflow table, put your workflow table in that field.

The property name is "Table with Workflows", you have to chose "Connection Properties" in the dropdown " Property category".

about the earlier, i am sure, we need to have systemalias.repositoryname in the xml.

The table for workflows goes in the field i just told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 2-part:

You need to create the MDM System and perform the user mapping.

When you configure UWL for MDM you need to pass the system alias of that MDM system. This way we do one to one mapping between UWL and MDM.

Please have a look at the below link containing the detailed steps how to configure UWL for MDM

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/771f1a61-0e01-0010-daa9-93a52905da09]

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You need to download the standard xml from portal.

2. Change according to your iviews, system name (which connected to repository)

3. upload your new xml

4. Create a user mapping to the MDM System.

5. Clear the cache in the UWL.

6. Also restart services of UWL from portal -> system administrator -> support -> applicaiton -> find for uwl applications/service and restart

7. Make sure you give main table name in the system's workflow table property

thats it, it should work for you.

- raags