SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article Master Uploading in IS- Retail system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please tell me what are the steps in Uploading Article Master in IS Retail system during GO Live???

How to convert Articles in Legacy system to SAP system (Whether we need to change number range (Internal or External) of Article Type during Upload time???)

We need to extend each variant of generic article for purchasing, sales, logistics DC and Store View since each variant article is brought at different price in Different DCu2019s. (Once we create Generic article, then only we will come to know the variant codes u2013 How to handle this scenario during GO-Live)

Can any one tell me, how these activities are generally handled in IS-RETAIL Project???

Any Input is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Selvakumar.M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Uploading articles should be done in all cases always with IDOC type ARTMAS

Converting can be done with migration workbench LSMW

Number ranges can be internally or externaly. It doesnt matter in migration.

If you plan to use internal numbers for article numbers, then define a numberrange

set the counter higher than your current number of articles.

Migrate the articles in the created number gap range.

Please do not mix up master data and prices.

With ARTMAS you can migrate the views and pure master data. I recommend to use the WRKKEY fields at the end of the IDOC to speed up processing.

Always don't forget to define REFRENCE DC and REFERENCE STORE setting in customizing. Article master will work only if these settings are correct.

To simplify process, create manually some reference articles. That helps a lot.

For all other things or hints, we need more details.

It can be very easy up to very sophisticated. The artcicle master is a nice piece of software, very flexible, but also very bad, if you use it by a wrong way.....

Cheers

B

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Uploading articles should be done in all cases always with IDOC type ARTMAS

Converting can be done with migration workbench LSMW

Number ranges can be internally or externaly. It doesnt matter in migration.

If you plan to use internal numbers for article numbers, then define a numberrange

set the counter higher than your current number of articles.

Migrate the articles in the created number gap range.

Please do not mix up master data and prices.

With ARTMAS you can migrate the views and pure master data. I recommend to use the WRKKEY fields at the end of the IDOC to speed up processing.

Always don't forget to define REFRENCE DC and REFERENCE STORE setting in customizing. Article master will work only if these settings are correct.

To simplify process, create manually some reference articles. That helps a lot.

For all other things or hints, we need more details.

It can be very easy up to very sophisticated. The artcicle master is a nice piece of software, very flexible, but also very bad, if you use it by a wrong way.....

Cheers

B

0 Kudos

Dear Björn Panter,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I tried with uploading but i was struck up in between the process. I am getting error " Messages for article 18 : log number 0000000000000124 - No entry in key field of table MARA - Problem Class very Important "

Can you please tell me what are the steps in uploading Article Master by LSMW with ARTMAS IDOC updation.

It would be of better help if you can explain me why you should we always go far this method.

If you have any documents, please send it across to me which is of immense help to me.

Any Input is highly appreciable.

Thanks and Regards,

Selvakumar.M

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

unfortunatly I have no documentation or example for LSMW. I recommendto use IDOCs for uploading, because here error handling, parallel processing etc is easy to handle.

Support issues can besolved very good, because the uploading process has a defined starting point.

The error message is unclear. Maybe you look at the application log for details.

Sounds like a heavy error in inbound processing.

Regads

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvakumar,

Here you can find the step-by-step guideline documentation on how to use LSMW to migrate the legacy system's data via IDOC.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/87/f3ae74e68111d1b3ff006094b944c8/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDOC PROCESS IN LSMW

0 Kudos

Hi Selva kumar

Please tell me what are the steps in Uploading Article Master in IS Retail,

Please provide any documents if any. I could not able to do it as i am not familier with LSMW IDOC.

Even though i Tride with ARTMAS. but as the Article master contains diference views like Basic data, Listing, sales....

I could not map it during feild maping.

Please help me out

0 Kudos

Hi,

A step-by-step description might be quite lengthy. So I recommend you pinging me on Skype that I can walk you through the process.

My Skype ID is jochen_bethke

Cheers,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SelvaKumar,

Have you completed with Generic article upload.

Please provide me some steps to perform the same.

Thanks,

Navneeth K.