cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade ECC5 to ECC6:Not accepting kernal DVD during ECC 6 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The upgrade master is not accepting the kernal DVD during prepare phase._It is asking to review the entry._

I am Upgrading ECC 5.0 to 6.0

I have down loaded SW , for SR3:

--> service.sap.com/swdc --> SAP Installations & Upgrades --> Entry by Application Group --> SAP NetWeaver --> SAP NETWEAVER --> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 --> Installation & Upgrade --> <your OS> --> <your DB>

My ECC is a Unicode, so i have downloaded , 51033508_11

Regards,

Mag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post the error message.

Check the path in the upgrade master script for kernal DVD,there is possibility that script might contain the DVD Drive path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I have given 51033508_12, and worked.

But Now it is displaying a Warming Message:

Warning Message: The Version 2006_1_640 of the Add-on PI_BASIS is too high for this upgrade (> 2005_1_700). To Avoid loss of Data

it is necessary to include the latest available versionfor ADD-on in IS_SELECT phase.

Has any one Faced this earlier during Upgrade.

Regards,

Mag.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What i can read from this is that currently you have PI BASIS 20061_640 and the upgrade is looking to implement 2005_1_700 when it should be 2006_1_700... Are you sure you got the right upgrade CD's/DVD's? maybe look for the ones that have the latest SP's

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Juan,

I have ECC5 system and upgrading to ECC6. During PREPARE phase it throws following error:

ERROR: To be able to use ASU Toolbox, your system requires

the ST-PI software component with at least Support Package Level 8

After the update is done, the module must be repeated!

For more information, see the upgrade documentation

Now, I see ST-PI 003C_640 patch 0001 already installed on my 640 system. But I dont see any further patches available at marketplace for 003C_640. The ones available are ST-PI 2005_1_640 ( KITLQHx patch 0001 to 0008). But I am not able to install these packages on my system. The packages get loaded but there seems no way to define them in a queue and import.

Please let know if some has any clues / ideas.

Regards,

Mag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to install/Upgrade this to ST-PI 2005_1 640 using SAINT then apply Support packs using SAINT,

Or Install and select the Support packs from SAINT itself.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Can you check for the Kernel DVD which is download, i guess you might have gone with non-unicode.

Let me know if it worked out...

Raghunandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Can you say your Master DVD number are is the 51033520 ? Regards.