Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECatt script setting error (se06)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have very small issue but I couldn't figure it out. I was using ecatt script to create user but whenever I try to enter new script name it gives me this error. (System setting does not allow changes to be made to object ECAT Z_NEWUSER_CREATION )

I checked scc4 setting for escript it allowed.

I also checked se06 modified setting but I can't find out which one has to be change to "modified" in se06.

Can anyone please help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Faisal

Edited by: Network Secure on Jul 7, 2008 7:28 PM

Edited by: Network Secure on Jul 7, 2008 7:29 PM

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECATT scripts are workbench objects. To be able to create/change these the system must also allow changes to repository and cross-client customizing. Mostly the scripts are created and changed in your dev system and transported trough the landscape.

The CATT and ECATT restrictions are an extra layer of protection against executing scripts.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Thanks for replied

I checked the both are allowed, ecatt script and the changes to repository and across-client customizing. I guess it's something to do with se06 where we usually set up as a modifiable

My issue hasn't been resolve yet, can you/anybody please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

Faisal

0 Kudos

It sounds as if the "test status" flag is set for your script user, and this would be intentional, so you have to go back to your development system, change and transport the script via the Change and Transport System.

So, this is probably not an error.