Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

IN DC20 I am doing config for data carrier type for content server as PC

I saw one more tab below it that is data carrier type for external dms- what is external dms?

Can some one explain me what we need to config in define mount points/logical drives- I believe it is again PC with host name

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This work step is not required when you want to store original files using the Knowledge Provider in a secure area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V S,

Can you help me in understanding the concept of Data Carriers. As I m little bit confused with its use. Why we are using or defining data carrier in DMS.

Regards,

Punam Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Original application files are stored on different data carriers.

if you are going to use the archive and vault then defining the data carriers is a must.

But in your case you are using content server.

Hence you need not define data carriers,

But you have to maintain settings for storage system

Define Content repository using t-code CSADMIN

Maintain storage system - OACO

& Maintain storage category - OACT

Set mount points/logical drives

You can use original digital data for a document info record only if the computer on which it is stored can be accessed in your network.

If the data is on a local computer, the data is accessed via the path entered in the Original field in the document info record.

If the data is on another computer, enter the computer on which data of a specific application is stored in the Data carrier field in the document info record.

In this step, you define the mount points and logical drives which allow the system to transfer original data for each combination of computers (Frontend computer <-> Data carrier for original data).

Answers (0)