cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Error (Partial Set failure with RC error code = <0x84020020> for rec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While importing the data through xls file , i am getting the error message "Partial Set failure with RC error code = <0x84020020> for record number

0 through 212" and no record get created in Data manager.

Although i mapped all values , still it giving me an error message.

I tried to Import other data and it was all working fine.

Please guide

Regards

Sandeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is now solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I have faced this problem before. And as Christian rightly said, It might be due to the presence of some Special Character in your Excel.

You can test it by Creating one record at the begining of the Excel file which should not have any special characters.

You will hopefully find the 1st record to get imported and rest to get failed.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

the error is "SQL error on UPDATE". I think this can happen when the content cannot be processed by the database. Can you elaborate a little on the content of the Excel file? Maybe there are special characters or empty lines?

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

As you are able to do the field mapping, I guess Import manager is able to read the excel file. What does the import log say?

Regards,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I checked the exl file and found that in the first column and first data was in text format ('0001)but later on when i change the record and moved it to the last record , it worked fine. I was able to load all records including ('0001)

I don't know wht the logic behind this:

if my first record was ('0001), system was giving me the error and not allowing me to load the data. But when i moved the record as the last record it not only allow me to load the records but allow ('0001) also.

If anyone have any clue , plz let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

since the MDM Import Manager transforms its commands into SQL statements, I would think that the ' does prevent it from creating a proper SQL string. However, since it works on a later position in the Excel sheet, I could imagine that it is transformed to a proper SQL string, i.e. the ' is escaped (with a \ in the SQL) but only does not work at the first position. That could be an MDM error. In my MDM version it works even with a ' at the first position.

So far my theory to that.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing the same problem with same error code. I tried in all respects by deleting all rows except one in the Excel file. No luck. I have also used a single field (vendor #) and single row, but same error is coming. Can any one explain what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem solved by unmounting the Import Manager and again Mounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we had the same error for our initial load from R/3. First batch was done manually and error came up. But no one seems to know how to unmount and mount the import manager. Can anyone clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue might also come up when you want to update NULL fields but have used 'Ignore NULL' in configuration option 'Default NULL Interpretation'.