cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have 2 DCs, say DC-A and DC-B. DC-A contains component A1 and DC-B contains component B2. A1 needs to use a method in B1. THus, to do so,

1. In DC-A, add A1 as public part of DC-A.

2. In DC-B, Add A1 (from inactive tab) as Used DC.

THe next step is to add A1 as the Used Web DYnpro component in B1. However, when I click browse, it cannot detect A1 at all. Is there something i'm missing here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenmin

>

> Hi guys,

>

> I have 2 DCs, say DC-A and DC-B. DC-A contains component A1 and DC-B contains component B2. A1 needs to use a method in B1. THus, to do so,

> 1. In DC-A, add A1 as public part of DC-A.

> 2. In DC-B, Add A1 (from inactive tab) as Used DC.

Are you sure about this? I think that your requirements impose that, because (a method of) B2 is used by A1, you should expose B2 in a public part and add that public part to the used DC of A1.

In your scenario A1 will not be able to call a method in B2. The only option is to throw an event from A1, capture this event in B2 an call the method in the event handler.

>

> THe next step is to add A1 as the Used Web DYnpro component in B1. However, when I click browse, it cannot detect A1 at all. Is there something i'm missing here?

There are two main reasons you cannot add a used component:

- there (compilation) errors in your web dynpro

- you have not build the public part: remember to use the DC build and not the simple "rebuild" command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to use A1 in B1? Do you want to use some of the context attributs of A1?

Cyclic dependency is not allowed in Web Dynpro,but you can use context attiributes of A1 in B1.

There is workaround available for that.

Refer to following links:

Thanks & Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think 1 point to note is that DC-B has an existing dependency on DC-A already. Now that I'm trying to create a dependency the other way, this would be lead to a cyclic dependency and I read from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/82/236c42eed40e53e10000000a155106/content.htm

that cyclic dependencies are disallowed? Is that true and could this be the cause of the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It will not allow cyclic redundancy and that is the reason you cannot see the DC.

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the DC has been built.

It is inactive component (not activated)..but does it make any difference?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apurva,

Can you explain by same namespace? How do I check if they are in the same namespace? Sorry, I'm relatively new to Web dynpro Java and still straddling in the waters!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you build your DCs?

Is this an Inactive DC?

If this was success full and if both the DCs are part of the Same SC it should reflect.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prajakta,

When you said Activate, as in Activate the activity? Is that a mandatory step at this point for B1to be able to detect A1 as a used webdynpro component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you activated the activity ?

Thanks

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if both the components are in same namespace.

Regards,

Apurva