cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a simple web dynpro application, after the NWDS asks me for the SDM password I receive a deployment aborted error:

"Deployment exception: Server <server name> did not accept login request as admin on port 56018. Details: ERROR: could not establish connection to server <server name> at port 56018. Connection refused: connect"

At first I thought the SDM password was incorrect, but I managed to login to the SDM Gui with the same password.

Any other ideas ?

Thank you,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a fully qualified domain name for your J2EE server definition...

and turn off Caps Lock when you enter the password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I tried using the IP address as well as the full domain name, still doesn't work.

Any thing else ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you ping the server with the hostname and the fully qualified domain name? Are you sure you are using the correct portnumber? Try opening a telnet session to see if you get a response. Just some ideas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's assume that the technical definitions of the j2ee engine are correct.

Is the password I am requested in the NWDS while deploying, the same with the login password to the SDM GUI ?

Is it possible that I receive the SDM password popup if the j2ee definitions are incorrect ?

The actual port number I have in the j2ee engine definitions is 3661, while the error message points to port 56018, what is the connection between the two ports ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers to your questions:

Yes, the SDM password is the same.

You indeed only get a popup when your J2EE Engine is configured correctly in NWDS.

Your Web AS instance seems to use system number 60, hence the message server port = 3601 + 60 (3661) and the SDM port 5 - 60 - 18 (56018).

You can check all the settings by opening the J2EE Engine view in NWDS. It'll show you all processes and ports of the server if everything's configured correctly in NWDS.

I suggest to look at the server's logs (defaultTrace, SDM logs) to figure out what's going wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

How can I deploy my application without the NWDS ?

Maybe using the SDM ?

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can always use the SDM RemoteGui that is installed on the server.