cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve data from R3 to XI using RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get data out from R3 to XI through RFCs or even using idocs. I have done RFC configurations in abap using SM59 with XI as destination. I am not sure whether its right. Please guide me as to how to get data out of R3 by first sending the ID no. to R3 and then retrieving data. Can anybody help me or give me some links where i could get some information about such a scenario?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog

Thanks

Sudarshan

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Check this out - [RFC Adapter Configuration|http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/06/understanding-the-rfc-adapter/]

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

Thanks a lot for all your contributions which enabled me to do till here.

Now the final problem is importing..

I am not able to import my RFC which I have made.

There is no option given in the XI for me. Not even in the name space. What are the steps to be followed?

How should i go about it? What may be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

We have the option of importing RFC/ IDOC in IR.Please do check once again at your namespace you have Imported Objects where you have RFC and IDOCs by default just right click and say "Import of SAP Objects" from the concerned R3 system .

Thanks

Sudharshan

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

IN IR if u clcik on the SWCV there u can Interface option in that choose radio button for the Import of the RFC and IDOC from SAP system permited.....after that give required information from which SAP system u want to import and save the SWCV..

after tghat in the SWCV tree u can c imported objects-----RFC right click and import RFC ..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just double click on your Software component Version (SWCV) and see if the radio button to import the IDOC & RFC from SAP system is checked.

If not check then check it save and activate then try to import.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Assuming that you have already imported your software component from SLD, just double click on that Software component version you can see the option called

"IMPORT OF RFC AND IDOC INTERFACES FROM SAP SYSTEM PERMITTED", just check in that option and provide the SAP system details.

Still if you have problems while importing just check whether the user you use has the permission to have the remote logon from SAP XI server by doing the test connection from the SAP XI logon using tcode SM59, it should directly logon to your R/3 system without any manual hinderance of providing the user name and password in your r/3 system again.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

Below link provide you the step by step procedure of R3 system settings.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/IDocToIDoc/page1.htm

The below provides the step by step procedure for RFC-XI-FILE scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this its is complete scenario end-end

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29

Regards,

Nithiyanadnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fallow the below steps

SAP R/3

1. Create a RFC destination type 'TCP/IP' - SM59

2. Create a remote enabled FM - Se37

3. Now write your ABAP prg and call the above created FM , with RFC dest'n .

In XI

1. Configure Sender RFC Adapter and specify same prg Id you mentioned in R/3 , while creating Rfc dest'n.

remaining are as usual

- Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

your link is helpful, but the module which is being imported is BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL. I have to make my own which fetches data. I have created a table. Now how to create an RFC and how to make it available for importing in XI. what parameters i have to put during the creation of RFCs . Kindly guide me..

Thank you.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Now how to create an RFC and how to make it available for importing in XI

1. Create a function module in SE37.

2. In the Attributes tab of the the function module selcet the processing type as Remote-Enabled Module.

3. Save and activate.

also give the import, export parameter and the FM code...

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Create a function module and remote enable it. In the function module specify the import and export parameters as per your requirement and import that RFC into you IR and start following the link which I specified.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Reward Points

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You need not to do any seeting at R3 side for RFC Scenarios.

For RFC Scenario:

Make RFC in R3 make sure that it is working fine in R3. take ID as a import parameter.

Import the RFC Structure in XI in Imported Objects.

Do the Design & Configuration as you do generaly.

For IDOC Scenarios :

Yuo have to do some setting in R3 and XI side . For Required setting refer following Links.

Trouble shooting ALE settings.

Configuration steps for Idoc.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6f...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

Reward Points if Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Also check these basic blogs to understand the concept

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I want to get data out from R3 to XI through RFCs or even using idocs. I have done RFC configurations in abap using SM59 with XI as destination. I am not sure whether its right.

>

You have to Create the RFC in R/3 using tcode se37 & make them remote enabled under attributes tab. No need to do any configuration in R/3.

There could be two methods to retrive the data from R/3.

1. Using RFC directly in an abap report and sending the data directly to XI.

2. Using Outbound Proxy method.

>Please guide me as to how to get data out of R3 by first sending the ID no. to R3 and then retrieving data. Can anybody help me or give me some links where i could get some information about such a scenario?

For you requirement below mentioned blog will be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

In your link related to RFC, they have used a standard module to import.. i.e (BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL).. i have to make my own which is related to my table. I have created a table in R3. please help me what to do next...? If i have to write a program then what logic i may have to write.. do i have to create 2 modules.. 1 for request of data and one for retrieve of data..?

Please help me..

Thanks

Edited by: Kevin Mascarenhas on Jul 8, 2008 6:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> In your link related to RFC, they have used a standard module to import.. i.e (BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL).. i have to make my own which is related to my table. I have created a table in R3. please help me what to do next...? If i have to write a program then what logic i may have to write.. do i have to create 2 modules.. 1 for request of data and one for retrieve of data..?

> Please help me..

Hello,

Since your scenario says that first you will sent the an question to RFC and then you will get a result back from RFC. For this

Step1. Just create your RFC make it remote enabled (Inport tab is used for request and export tab for ans). Activate it.

Step2. now Import this RFC in your XI system.

Step3. now follow the link (which I sent you in my first reply) in a same manner for your RFC.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Sarvesh