cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use both Stand alone and Extended classic in one SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our client is now using Stand alone SRM system with back-end R/3 FI-CO system. Now they want to go Extended classic scenario for few product categories.

Would it be possible to use both in one SRM system? If possible could you please provide what are the sequential steps to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the logical system where the follow on documents (example PO) are

created is determined from the product category used.

See Customising (SPRO)

->Supplier Relationship Management

->SRM Server

->Technical Basic Settings

->Define Backend System for Product Category

The product category also determines the g/l account used,

->Supplier Relationship Management

->SRM Server

->Cross-Application Basic Settings

->Account Assignment

->Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment

Category.

In a decoupled scenario where parts of the process are handled locally

in the SRM system and other parts are handled in the MM (r/3 backend)

the configuration might look something like this.

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I asked about the Stand alone and Extended classic scenarios not for the Decoupled scenario.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a bit urgent. Could you please suggest me on this scenario. My client is very much curious about this.

I would be very much thankful to you for immediate reply.

Regards,

Ram

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

yes, it is possible.

You have to activate the BAdI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI, and define for particular products/product categories the extended classic scenario (and set bbp_extpo_gl-bbpexpo = 'X'.

for them in the BAdI).

As Gaurav also mentioned, you have to maintain the R/3 system as backend for this product categories:

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define Backend System for Product Category

Furthermore in the PPOMA_BBP the backend purchasing group should be mapped to the local one.

Kind regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please eloborate more about the sequential steps (Configuration and master data) for extended classic scenario. Because now we are using Stand alone scenario with all data in SRM.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

How did you end up solving your problem, as i have the same scenario.  Did you use this BADI (

SRM Server->Business Add-Ins->Control Extended Classic Scenario->Activate Extended Classic Scenario)?  Based on my reading, it seems this BADI is relevant to switch between extended classic and classic scenarios. 

From what i understand, we can control the standalone scenario via the define backend system configuration (SAP SRM -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define Backend System for Product Category).  In my scenario, I have one set of product categories, so i will likely need to implement this BADI (BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS, method:   DETERMINE_LOGSYS - SAP SRM -> SRM Server -> Business Add-Ins ->Shopping Carts and Requirement Items -> Determine Backend System / Company Code) in order to determine the correct backend system based on company/plant for example. 

Did you then leave the extended classic scenario activated (IMG --> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server-> Cross-Application Basic Settings->

Activate Extended Classic Scenario)? 

Or how did you achieve both standalone and extended classic using one SRM server?

cheers,

AD

Answers (0)