Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** How do we map the JDBC error to our source structure (BPM) - Urgent Help

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

When we do Web Service to JDBC scenarios, if we try to insert the duplicated records, XI throws the following error.

-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><!-- Call Adapter --> <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1"><SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category><SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code><SAP:P1/><SAP:P2/><SAP:P3/><SAP:P4/><SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'EMPL' (structure 'STATEMENT'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (JDBCPOC.SYS_C00139857) violated

</SAP:AdditionalText><SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace=""/><SAP:Stack/><SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry></SAP:Error>

-

I want to map from the error message <SAP:AdditionalText> to our source structure field 'AdditionalText'.

Is it possible ?. (Because, Error message is in different namespace)

Kindly reply, friends.

Kind Regards,

Jeg P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can raise the Alert Notifications to map the JDBC erros stating the relevant information.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your immediate reply. In our case , we have 3 WSDLs they are for : insert, update, select. So, before insert and do the select is double process work. Moroever, we want not only duplicate records insertion problem and also whatever the problems while inserting the records in table. We will try your 2nd solution and let you know.

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

being inside a BPM you have a great advantage: you can do whatever you want, basically!

So, in my opinion the best way to get what you want is to

1) either prevent the error, by doing a SELECT before the INSERT with that primary key and check whether you get a result

2) or use an exception handling branch , which would handle all possible errors, not only duplicate key (but in this case I don't know now how much control you get over the error message)

In both cases, you can then raise an alert directly from the BPM, and that's it!

Let me know if ti suits.

Cheers,

Alex

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

This links might help you

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

From HelpFile

- Alert Configuration

- Trouble shoot alert config

-- ccms alerts u2013 1

-- ccms alerts u2013 2

-- ccms alerts --- 3

regards,

Kishore

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Could you kindly elaborate how do we map JDBC error thru Alert Notifciation ? Please ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do see the link to raise ALERTs in XI.

Thanks

Sudarshan