cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data vs. Transactional Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a report (Daily Sales Report) where I am retrieving most of the values from DataSource 2LIS_11_VAITM (SD Sales: Document Item).

Some values (e.g. Sales Org., Distribution Channel, Sales Office, Customer Group, Plant) could be taken from Customer or Material Master Data instead of from the DataSource 2LIS_11_VAITM.

Could anyone explain for me the benifits of taking the transactional data (i.e. 2LIS_11_VAITM) instead of master data?

Are there any disadvantages?

Thanks,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can ofcourse take the Master Data values from Customer or Material Master Data instead of from the DataSource

2LIS_11_VAITM. but as at the item level one purchase order or sales order can have Multiple Material attached to it so for one entry in

the MASTER table there can be MULTIPLE entries in the ITEM table ... so while accessing data from the ITEM table u must clearly

mention two things FIRST : the SALES ORDER NUMBER / PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER .

SECOND: the ITEM NUMBER to find out the unique records u required .. or else there can be ambiguity when u

retrive the data from the ITEM TABLE......

So .. i can say that while accessing the HEADER level data u can access MASTER TABLES ... and while accessing ITEM level data

u should access ITEM TABLE with the proper combination of the keys....

there is no advt. or disadvt in accessing MASTER or ITEM table it totaslly depends on the DATA required.....

i think now u r clear with ur doubt... if not please reply .. i will explain it in more detail......

REWARDS POINS IF USEFUL...

regards,

JAY.