cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit note for sales tax amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a problem, my client is billed the sales tax amount but that customer is not liable for sales tax and accounting document also cleared. Now they want to give the credit note only for Sales tax amount and they wanted only tax account should debited and customer account should credited in the accounting entries.

Is that possible without any base price to create a credit note for sales tax amount?

But i have suggested that to create invoice correction request in that two entries are coming and i have make the tax to ZERO for second line item .But it is working fine for one case that is without excise duty in the original invoice and in the second case original invoice is having excise duty then excise entries also showing in the accounting document,.

Please anybody can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Narasimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narasimha

I have one suggestion.

First check under which G/L Account, the tax amount has been debited.

Go to F-02, at the bottom, you can see [PstKy] Input a relevant posting key which is assigned to credit entries (better to check with your FI consultant) and input the above G/L Account in the next column and execute. In the subsequent screen, input the sales tax amount, Budiness Area and Value date and proceed.

Once you save F-02, in FS10N, the entries would be adjusted that is one the wrongly debited tax amount, one credit entry would be flowing. But I am not sure about accounting document whether this adjustment will get updated there or not.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi