cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway after picking (WMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to putaway delivery orders that have been already picked? The scenario is the following:

1-. First, we do a 2 step picking

2-. Once the materials have been allocated to each delivery, we pack and label them

3-. Afterwards we have to do a putaway movement to another storage type.

I thank you in advance for your kind cooperation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One possibility could be that when you pack your deliveries you create each 'box' as a Handling unit and then locate the Handling unit in to a new st type and bin until you are ready to despatch

I hope that this helps

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After picking goods get to storage type 916 + dynamic bins (standard setting).

Why do you want to remove them? What's the sense of your sceanrio?

Of course you can manually transfer the stock from 916 to somewhere else. But when you craete PGI for the delivery you will get -qty in 916 and you have to move your stock back to there.

I'm not sure this would be a good idea. I think you'd better follow the regular and secure way and leave your stock in 916 where its place is.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

The thing is that our client has defined the goods issue process like this (once you have done the picking you have to store it in another storage type until it's final departure). For example, today we may pick the materials corresponding to an outbound delivery that will left our warehouse on friday. In this case we need to keep all the packages from this delivery in an storage type different from 906.

Any idea on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know this function in WM but maybe you can use it (???):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/17/e8d63790630c4fbd27b0dea62d89b7/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

We have already thought using VAS. The main problem we face here is that when we create the workcenter, we can only assign one bin for each workcenter. We would like to find a solution that could be closer to our actual scenario

Best regards

Ignasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

During Workcenter Configuration, If you do not assign any bin, you can use any bin within the storage type.