cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release DP Forecast to ECC6

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Users, I have encountered a support issue which I cannot explain.

I am attempting to release forecast from DP to ECC to a specific plant. The spool from the release job shows that the transfers are successfully executed. However, on the ECC6 side no Demand has been posted. Can anybody offer a reason?

I am releasing forecast to other plants successfully and have checked the master data on both the ECC6 and APO side and all appears to be consistent with that on other plants.

All suggestions will be welcomed.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only reason I can see not maintaining publication settings in SPRO in APO. Make sure you maintained the PIRs in the plants you need in publication settings.

0 Kudos

Stephan, I have the resolution.

APO configuration was missing an entry for the specific plant in the 'Maintain Distribution Definition'.

Thanksfully this is something that I can control now.

Thank you for your time.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably doing transfer of forecast right??

I am sure there are three htings tha tyou need to do before you transfer. Here is a good synopsis of htings that need to be done.

You have installed the correct Plug-In version.

You have set up your products in SAP APO by choosing Navigation ® Master Data ® Product from the SAP APO menu tree.

· You have set up your locations in SAP APO by choosing Navigation ® Master Data ® Location from the SAP APO menu tree.

You have created a data view for this task in SAP APO. The use of a separate data view to transfer a demand plan to SAP R/3 has performance benefits. The data view contains the following:

¡ A future planning horizon only (no historical horizon unless you want to transfer the historical horizon too)

¡ A planning buckets profile with one periodicity only (if it contains more than one periodicity, the job is aborted with an error)

¡ Only the key figure(s) that you want to transfer to SAP R/3

¡ No actual rows (unless you want to transfer them to SAP R/3)

Check the distribution definition of the Plant.

Thanks,

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey chris

Is this plant is newly added one?

0 Kudos

Stephen R

We do not use material determination and products are maintained.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the error you are getting while checking in MD63.

In which version you have no forecast?

0 Kudos

Stephen, there are no requirements posted on the plant in ECC6. I do not have authorization to use this transaction (MD63) but I can see using MD04 that no requirements exist.

The spool file from the APO Job to Release Forecast from APO to ECC6 shows the product/location combination successfully released.

The same job successfully releases forecast to other plants as VSF req type.

Thx

Edited by: Christopher Walker on Jul 7, 2008 5:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do you maintain products or variants in R3.

Do you use material determination.

regards

Stephen