cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I have seen in the customer master, the payment terms field is their in company code data and sales area data .

give me information with example why we have to payments terms

thanks

Kuntla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopalakrishna,

As per my knowledge

Company code data payment terms will be come in to picture when the company do the asset sales.

In the normal sales process(Products sale to customer) sales area data payment terms will be used by the system.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the answers. but still i have a doubt.

if you take an example , when credit management is active.

can any one answer that payment terms takes from company code data or sales area data.

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopalakrishna

My first suggestion holds good which means, if you create billing via VF01 system will consider payment term from sales area data irrespective of whether you have activated credit management.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuntala,

In company code data the payment terms you find it is with respect to the company code.

Where as in sales area data the payment terms we find is with respect to sales area.

While creating a sales order the payment terms will be picked from the sales area data billing tab page.

Bye

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

In Sales Area View , the payment terms comes into effect when you create an invoice with respect to Sales and Distribution.

and company codes Payment terms comes into effect for FI billing related to that module,

Thanks,

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntla

If you invoice via SD, system will consider Sales Area data. If you do invoice via FI, then it will consider Accounting view.

VF01 = SD Billing

FB70 = FI Billing

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The payment terms are for how the customer has to pay it is like paying with is 30 days 10% discount cash n carry 5% discount if u pay in 45 days 8% discount etc. but the payment terms from the sales area billing tab is picked and copied into sales order. if its asset sales of the company then we will use the payment terms from company code tab.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Different Customer we can have different Payment terms, that is maintained in customer master. When preparing sales order this data gets copied to the sales order.