Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Throw Exception in BPM - Webservice to JDBC

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am doing Webservice to JDBC scenario using BPM. I am doing insert data in backend system oracle table by passing inputs from WebService. After insert data in table, JBDC returns the response to web service thru response variable 'insert_count = 1' like this. When I try to insert the same record, that is, employee no as primary key in my table, XI throws an error 'ORA-00001 - unique constraint' in Addtional . We have to pass this information to Web Service. How will we achive this ?

Presently in our BPM design,

1) Exception property of the block as 'Error'.

2) Inside Block, in Sync Send Step (BPM -> JDBC) specified 'Exception/System Error' as 'Error'.

3) Inserted one Exception Handler Brach. In this Brach, inserted one control step. In this step, itself we put a Control Step, the action property of this step is 'Throw Exception'. Here , what we need to set for the 'Exception Property' ..?

Kindly help me friends.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can do is create a mapping for Fault messages and include them in the interface mapping.

Refer this blog for mapping the fault messages..

And the message of the fault will contain the error and you can send this as response to the webservice .

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I refered those scenarios. But, our requirment is we want to take 'Additional Text' option from SXMB_MONI and map to WS source structure one element.

-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><!-- Call Adapter --> <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1"><SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category><SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">PL_TIMEOUT</SAP:Code><SAP:P1/><SAP:P2/><SAP:P3/><SAP:P4/><SAP:AdditionalText>TIME OUT REACHED</SAP:AdditionalText><SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace=""/><SAP:Stack>Timeout condition of pipeline reached

</SAP:Stack><SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry></SAP:Error>

-

Could you kindly help me ?

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope, it's better to use raise an alert step compare to exception handler,

could you pls check the Bpm requestReqRespAlert scenraio under SAP Basis component.

warm regards

mahesh.