Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security network layer (snc) error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I implement SSO in all system , but in same computer i get SNC ERROR : "security network layer (snc) error"

What can i do to fix the problem

Eyal

5 REPLIES 5

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You will need to update your library files.

If you search SDN or service marketplace for it you will surely find the correct information.

"Us the latest version of the librfc (RFC) or cpictlib (CPIC)"

<removed_by_moderator>

Kind regards

Tom

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 7, 2008 1:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to the Security Forum...

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi to all

>

> I implement SSO in all system , but in same computer i get SNC ERROR : "security network layer (snc) error"

>

> Eyal

The most important part was missing from your quoted error message ....

Notice: SNC is based on GSS-API ( generic security services) - so the error message really depends on the actual SNC security product being used. You should keep in mind that it's essential to use the same SNC security product for both communication peers (client and server) - any mixed usage of different products is not supported.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you see this kind of error on the workstation where SAP GUI is installed when you attempt to logon via SNC, normally this means the server has rejected the authentication attempt. I therefore suggest you check the dev_w0 trace file on the server and look for the reason for the SNC authentication failure.

If hope this helps ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.