cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserving the sales order stock for a customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus !!

My client is wants to Reserve the stocks once the order is placed or confirmed by the Customers.

For Example; --

If 10 c/s are available in the plant and a customer has ordered 10 c/s... next time .. if someone is creating order for the same Material, system should not confirme sales Order as this particular stock has already booked by the customer.

Can we MAP this scanario in creating DUMMY sales order??

I have also tried to move the sales order stock to Reserved Stock by creating Reservations (Tcode MB21) using movement type 412 E.

but i m not sure whether i m on the right way or wrong??

Please help me on this particular issue. Points will be rewarded for Helpful answers.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MAYANK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mayank

Go to OVZ9, select your availability check and checking rule (most probably, 02 / A) and tick the box [Include sales reqmts]

With this setting, whenever you create sale order, stock will be reserved against that particular sale order and unless you delete the sale order, delivery cannot be created for subsequent sale orders.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear G. Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for ur Reply. I tried with OVZ9, but still i feel that my clients' requirement is not fulfilled.

let me explain you his issue one more time....

For example, 100 c/s of material X is available in the plant..out of 100c/s client wants to allocate 60c/s to his top 3 customers.

so these 60c/s should not be avalible for other regular customers. they should be allowed to use only 40 c/s.

One more scenario is there in which -- my client wants to allocate when the stock is NOT available with him and he is expecting to get stocks ,,say,, after 6 days ...then ...how to reserve/allocate for customers

How to Map these two scenario in SAP ?? We have also discussed about using some Z Tables still nothing concrete we have achieved !!

Here i would also like to inform that my client is having Full Warehouse Management System. Is it possible to use Consignment Process here ??

Thanks in Advance !!

Warm Regards,

MAYANK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you wish to reserve the stock for the customers...then you should configure Availability check against product allocation. This scenario is normally required when the demand is more and the supply is less. The quantities are allocated to different customers and when a sales order is created the system checks will do the availability check only for the quantities allocated to that customer. Though there is stock in the plant, if the customer doesn't have any allocated stocks, then the system will not confirm the quantities.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Actually we have started this particular issue with Product Allocation only.... but the problem with product allocation is : you can not reserve/block the stocks even if it has been allocated to other customers.

If some other user is creating the sales Order for some other customer, system will confirm and you can do the delivery also.

Basically Client want to first allocate( here allocation could be through creation of Dummy Sales Order also) then also want to BLOCK /RESERVE for those customers... so that nobody should be allowed to use those Stocks.

We have Already tried with:--

1. Product Allocation

2. OVZ9 ( checking Group 02/ Sales Order Combination)

3. MB21 ( creating Reservation with Movement Type 412 E)

4. Consignment Process

& some other Options but exact requirement has not been met.

Now we are trying to solve this Issue using some scenarios Other than Prod Alloc.

I hope i have clearly explained the requirement still you have any doubts, please revert back.

Thanks in advance

Warm Regards,

MAYANK

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

This we can control through availability checking settings in IMG

SPRO>Sales and Distribution>Basic functions>Availabilty check and Transfer of requirements>Availability check>Availability check with ATP logic or Againest planning>Define Block for other users

If you check the mark for block ,system will not allow the other user or other order to conform the material with same available quantity.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.