cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the owner of background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to change the owner of thebackground jobs, those Jobs are our SAP standard Jobs. I tried in SM36, but I am unable to change those Jobs. Kindly advice me how to go about this?

Regards,

Haseem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood your requirement correctly:

1) Firts move the jobs which are created by DDIC to schedule state.

And login as new super user and recreate the jobs or copy these jobs (check on whose user name the step of the job is running you can always chage this to required as per earlier threads.

2) One job is already released if you relaese one more both jobs will be in released state.It will not get cancelled automatically.

3) Unwanted jobs you can always move them to schedule state...that is as good as not scheduled.

and also yes we can cancel the periodic jobs...I prefere to move them to schedule state rather...

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the above procedure is to change the user on who's name the job step is going to be performed.

However As far as I know if we have to change the job creater by name (owner ) in SM37/SM36 for an existing job we can not change even in schedule or released state.

Log in as other user (abc) and copy the job which is craeted by user (XYZ) even if the job is in released or scheduled state if we copy the job then it gets copied in the scheduled state only with the new user i.e abc.THis way we can get the job which is craeted by other user in scheduled state.And also the step of the job is still runs as XYZ so we need to change this if we need it.

JOB1 -

Craeted by (abc) -

step runs as (abc) if abc is removed from system job fails.

JOB2-----Craeted by (abc) ---step runs as (xyz) if abc is removed job will not fail it runs .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EWA report , SAP recommended to change the sap standard jobs from the DDIC to the other user. I have created one new super user which is copied from DDIC. I am logging into 000 client and I am trying to change the owner of the standard jobs. But I am unable to change the owner of the Jobs. Kindly suggest me how can I change the owner of the jobs.

I have one doubt here. If I schedule the same job with the new super user, the job will get stopped automatically or I need to cancelled the Job?

Is it possible to cancel the periodic jobs?

Regards,

Haseem.

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps you should be able to change the background job owner.

SM37 --->choose the job ->Menu-Job-Change->Step-->Menu item step>Change->now you will be able change the user on which the job is running.--->after change save .

If you are doing same still not able to cahnge pls post the error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vani,

that would only change the user that the step(s) are scheduled under, not the job at top level.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why are you unable? Any error messages? Please elaborate!

Usually you need to unschedule them, change them and re-schedule them.

Markus