cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data in SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Consultants,

Presently My clients has 25 to 30 Projects to Manage, of this projects so are already in the pipe line and some are yet to be taken up.

here what can be the master data ( ya Project Def, WBS elements, Network and Network Activities are Master data ) do we have any further list to add to this ?

also please suggest the rationality for going for Master data migration as the number of projects are hand full.

Many thanks in advance.

Thx & Rgds, N Gowda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing else to add from PS side, I would be inclined to create the master data manullay (again little bit of automation using templates) instead of any program.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same querry.

Don't we have any tool for automatically loading master data (Project Def, WBSE, Activities)??

SSanjay

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

There is no standard tool as such. However you can create a BDC (Batch Data Conversion) with the help of your ABAPer to upload the project data.

RGds

Deepak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The best way is to use standard project(WBS element) as a template, if you require all the projects in the similar structure.

Else, you can use SAPs internal automation tool ( eCATT ) for creation with less manual effort.

Best Regards,

Punith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Work Center is the prime Master Data in PS. It has link with the Cost center and in turn the Profit Center. All the costs are allocated to a Work center.

MRD

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Work Center is the prime Master Data in PS. It has link with the Cost center 
and in turn the Profit Center. All the costs are allocated to a Work center.

That is completely incorrect. Work center is most definitely not the prime master data in PS.

-nathan