cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory set types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and wish you all a happy and prosperous 2006.

Have a doubt regarding 'mandatory set types for hierarchy/categories'.

-Which set types are mandatory to be able to create products under it?

The system i am working on has just one hierarchy with a list of set types like UOM,Description etc assigned to it.I am unable to delete/add new set types.They are all frozen/grayed out(even in change mode).Because of which,even if i assign a new hierarchy to my application and product(<i>comm_prapplcat</i>),i am unable to create products(<i>commpr01</i>)under it.I am able to create products only under the hierarchy which has the above mentioned set types assigned.

Can anyone help me out on this issue?How do i assign set types to a new hierarchy so that the system accepts the new hierarchy and allows me create products under it.

Thanks you,all!

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

As I told you, you must assign set types to your own hierarchy.

In hierarchy maintenance transaction, select a category, and you will find a "set types" tab, where you can assign defined set types. You will find the standard ones like description, UOM...

You can also define your own set types to handle specific attributes. But I don't think you will need it in your procurement process.

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Hi!Yes,i checked that tab...and heres the deal.You are right--there are some standard set types which you can assign to your categories(its hierarchial...meaning a set type assigned to the top most category will get inherited by the bottom categories).Apparently,once you assign the set types to a hierarchy,you cannot assign the set types to another hierarchy in the same client.Meaning:its a one to one relationship between set types and hierarchies.

Going back to my question:Set types have been assigned to one hierarchy in my system.I wanted to remove those set types assigned to the previous hierarchy, in my system and assign them to my hierarchy.I am unable to do so as they are frozen/grayed out.

In some other forum it was written that we have to run a program to remove the set types...how true is that?And if it is,what possibly could the program be??

Thanks for your patience.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

there is no check preventing you to assign more than once the same set type to different hierarchies/categories inside the same client.

Set types can only be assigned to a category once you have specified the product type for the category.

To be able to assign set types to the category, specify a product type on the "Category" tab page: Material or Service.

When maintaining set types (Predefined set types can not be maintained, Customer-defined can), you assign some product types. This is making the link with previous point.

Attention: as soon as you have a product assigned to a category, Product type cannot be changed, neither a set type deleted.

If you have replicated the hierarchy from R/3, you can not modify it in SRM, as the source system is different. But in that case, you have a popup.

Predefined set types are handle separatly by the system (automatically assigned during replication for example).

Happy new year and good luck !!

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Thanks for the information.One cannot change the set type after a product is created in the category.Very true and it had skipped my mind.Thats the reason i am unable to modify the set type in the category(old hierarchy).

But,i am also unable to create the same set type for another category(of new hierarchy)...wonder why??The set types that have been used by the previous category(of the old hierarchy) simply do not show up in any other category(of new hierarchy).Thats strange,ain't it??Maybe its some settings/system problem on my side and not a SRM issue.But,still its bogging me down:(.

Happy 2006 to you too!

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Even I am getting the same problem. I am not being able to assign some of the standard set types to a Z-cat am creating ie they are not there in the drop down in the set-type tab while creating categories. They have been assigned to some other categories that have been created in the system. Now I cannot delete those assignments as products have been created for those cat. So how do I assign them to my cat?

Thanks in advance.