cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a clarification in File to File scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frens,

I need a clarification from you allu2026.

Normally in file to file scenario, the input file will be picked from a directory location and after processing output file and that will be placed in the output directory location specified in the receiver communication channel.

In the sender communication channel for the scenario mentioned above, if the processing mode is given as delete, the input file will be u201Cdeleteu201D as soon as the file was successfully read by the adapter, but this will not ensure that the file processing is complete and the output file is being created.

But can we create a scenario which will ensures that the input file is deleted from the input folder only if the complete process is successful and the output is generatedu2026.

Thanks in advance,

Vardhani...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhani,

U want the file to be deleted only if the output file is created?

well...as u know only when the file has been read would the process continue and the output file creation start,but if u want to keep the file why dont u give the Archive mode as that would place the input files once they are read at a particular path and then in case ur output file has not been created..u will always have a back up option

Hope this helps

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at my Blog

[ Glimpse at OS Command: Yet Another Scenario |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10392] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks

SaNv...

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need your help on the below issue i am facing

In File - RFC scenario, I am using the following beans to write the rfc response into file on file sender adapter

Number - Module Name u2013 Module Type u2013 Module Key

1- AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 1

2- localejbs/CallSapAdapter - Local Enterprise Bean - 2

3-AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 3

I need to delete the incomming file after processing.

Problem 1:

When i use QOS as BestEffort , The input file is not getting deleted and nor archived after processing and file sender communication channel shows null pointer exception.

Problem 2:

When i use QOS: exactly once, The file is getting deleted and getting archived, But some time i getting error in moni, Message already exists like GUID ALREADY EXISTS

Appreciate your immediate help.

Thanks and Regards.

Sravya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Archive Mode

2) Check the option : Delete the file after processing is done.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best would be using command line option, while conf Sender File Adapter u wud have OS Coomand line after message procesing.

Check the box and write a command line statement based upon the requirment , either to move the file or delete.

If u use arachive mode u can only move the file to diff folder and hence giving u a backup for re-processing again.

.Better wud be OS Command line

rgd

srini

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the command rm /sourcefile path/sourcefile.name to delete the file/folder.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best option would be using command line option

U can see in u r Sender Adapter there would be command line option after message processing

So run the File Movement command when processed sucessfully.

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this scenario, you can Archive your file for further reference.

Check more on Adapter Configuration Guide:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Boopathi

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Use the option test in the sender side so that the file would remain in the same folder.

2. test and execute the command for the file to be deleted in the unix command prompt and then specify it in the receiver channel parameter OS Command after message processing.

Thanks

SaNv...

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vardhani,

You can go with two option...

1. Archieve the input file.

2. Use the option OS command after file processign in the receier channel to delete the file.

Thanks

SaNv..

Former Member
0 Kudos

try Archive mode..