Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to add New language in ECC 6.0

csyadlapalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have ECC 6.0 system and running for one year with two languages English and German. Now I want to add one more language to the system so that user can log in using new language. Plz let me know the required steps to be taken care before adding language. I need information regarding effors that we need for this activity. If possible, plz share a project plan for the same.

Thank you so mcuh in advance.

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got these below steps from SDNforumonly ..i do not have the link however i have the steps:

1.check Delivered Languages service.sap.com/languages.

2.check note 42305

3.In transaction SMLT , Choose Classify Language (Language symbol or F5 )

4.Supplement this language with English or German (Recommended)

5.The language must be defined in the instance profiles so that you can log on in these languages. The relevant parameter is

zcsa/installed_languages.

6.Go to the language for which you want to install extra packages and choose or choose Language --> Import Package

7.in the next screen , enter the path for language packages.

8.start immediately or schedule it .Optionally you can use the target server to exceute this ( to avoid performance issues

,if you are importing in production timings, and you cna exculde this server from logon group )

9.if any problems in importing then analyze the log and restart the import .

10.After importing the languages, you must also import the language data in the Support Packages.Choose Language --->

Special Actions ---> Import Support Packages

11.Go to the language that you want to supplement and choose or Language ---> Supplement Language(this is client specific ,

so execute for each client in your system)

And also to the above if your system is running on non unicode you need to install the code pages (example AIX locale command) .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Are you have the online help installed in Enterprise ? If yes login in your system , press transaction "SMLT" after press on "Documentation" link , you can read all required information here. If not have "Online help" Use this link http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/04/c89d3665c45904e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Regards.

csyadlapalli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

I have checked this link, I got good idea but only thing missing here is I didnot find the information regarding texts for Master data and repository objects. Would you let me know regarding these, how to take care after new language import??

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandrasekhar Yadlapalli. I'm do not know answer on your last question, we are install all languages directly after server installation... Try to ask on

"Netweaver administrator" forum

P.S. good if you close this thread, becose answer onyour question are compleat (about master data is other question), before you create new question on other forum thread (for example in Netweather Administrator the moderator will lock your thread if find same not closed your questions on other forum ) :

Beginning July 3 every user has a limit of 10 open questions. Wish to ask another, close a previous question. With Regards.