Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is webdynpro application life cycle

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know about the life cycle of webdynpro java application.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing your inputs...but if i am not wrong,when application loads at SAP WAS it executes wdDoInit() method of Component controller.

But my question is how control passes from wdDoInit() to the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are true.

What i told is high level control flow with in application.

You are talking about flow in View controller.

In View wdDoInit()+wdDoModify(). is executed simultaneously first time when view is called.

In total life span of application wdDoInit() is not called later on, wdDoModify() is executed instead every time view is called.

Rest all methods / actions are called accordingly

Mandeep Virk

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers but still my doubt has not cleared...

I want to know.. what happens exactly when you run webdynpro application and then how the internal flow works ,how control passes from controller to view etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

When application is executed, Initially View controller is executed then Component controller and Interface Controller.

When data is mapped between two views through comp controller. it is comp controller which actually holds and pass data to both views to and fro. If context nodes are mapped to pass values then no matters View Controller Property is framework_controlled or when_visible. Application life span persists to time application is active.

NOTE: If node passing values is not actually bound to UI Elements in view but getting values from other node(s) to pass. then When_Visible property will work. Because controller is mapped to different node which is not displaying data in view.

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Did you check the link?

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i have gone through the link you have provided to me but it explains about phase model of webdynpro and not about life cycle of webdynpro.

But any how it is very useful.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi see this link (Video Presentation) I hope it will be correct answer to your question

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50b0f2aa-20d0-2a10-1685-d163d88a...

If you want anything further I will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

WebDynpro application life cycle is the time span for which data renders in application at run time.

It is of two types

1. Framework_controlled

2. When Visible

When life span property of view controller is Framework_controlled then application will take the age of controller.

Application data will last long up to time of controller have data.

Suppose you defined a context in Global Controller i.e Component Controller and similarly in two view controllers. this data is mapped between both views through Component controller. When you enter some data in input field of first view and navigate to second view and again come back to first view you will get same data in input field. This data will last long up to the time session of application is active. This is possible when View property is framework controlled.

In case of When Visible the life span of data is upto the life of view controller only. The time for which view is active data will be there. If you navigate to other view and come back this data will be refreshed. But this is the case when context is Not mapped with component controller.

Mandeep Virk

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its already asked and discussed in following thread...

regards,

Pradeep