cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem : Instance info corrupt in SAPMMC after installing the license

devendra_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have successfully installed the NW WAS 2004s preview edition and got the 3 month license key.

However after installing the license, when I went to SAPMMC to re-start the system, the SAP Instace information seems to be messed up.

Before installing the license, MMC was showing the SAP system as [Console Root\SAP Systems\NSP\w72c-7wpdl71 0] and now after the installation it has replaced the 7's in my systems name with #'s, so now it looks like

[Console Root\SAP Systems\NSP\w#2c-#wpdl#1 0].

SAP Management Console is completely unusable because of this. It keeps on giving 'Host not found' errors.

Fortunately, everything else with the system seems to be working fine. At least so far !!

- SLICENSE shows the new license.

- SICK does not report any problems.

So far I am forced to use the command prompt to stop and start the instace and the database. This works fine and I am able to start and stop the system.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong ?

Did it not like the '-' in my system name ?

Anything wrong in windows registery ?

Did I install the license incorrectly ?

And how to fix this ?

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Devendra

To add more information,

- I did not restart the system, even once, before installing the license.

- After installing the system I just saw SAPMMC and checked all the nodes to see the syslog etc. and they were fine.

- I might have changed some profile parameters after installing the license.

Message was edited by: Devendra Shetye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share your experience how you install the sap licnese for NW sneak preview. I mean thru what tool and the parameters.

Best regards,

devendra_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

I restarted the system and now SAPMMC shows the correct Instance information and is working fine too !!

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It worked for us too. we restarted the SAP servers from the Administrative Tools-> Services panel.

thanks a lot

Padmaja Ragavendra

PS: wanted to give you reward points but it is no tallowing me to

padmaja

Message was edited by: Padmaja Ragavendra