Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table SAPR3.EDI30C has a LONG (RAW) column

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

R/3 4.6C, Oracle 9.2.0.7, Sun Solaris 10 08/07 UltraSPARC. I've just archive our IDOCs and I would like to re-organize some tables. BRTOOLS show this message:

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2008-07-06 11.57.45

BR1108I Checking tables for reorganization...

BR1110W Table SAPR3.EDI30C has a LONG (RAW) column

BR1111I Reorganization of table SAPR3.EDI30C will be skipped

Can I convert it ? is it secure ?

Regards.

Ganimede Dignan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ganimede,

this behaviour is completely normal.

> BR1110W Table SAPR3.EDI30C has a LONG (RAW) column

> BR1111I Reorganization of table SAPR3.EDI30C will be skipped

I think you have done an ONLINE reorg. This is not possible with a LONG RAW field. As you mentioned that you are using Oracle 9i - you have to do an offline reorg.

With Oracle 9i it is not possible to convert a LONG RAW column to a LOB .. this is possible with Oracle 10g.

Sapnote #646681 describes this:

>The restrictions of the DBMS_REDEFINITION package apply to online reorganization. In particular, with Oracle 9.2, you cannot reorganize any tables with LONG and LONG RAW fields. BRSPACE simply skips these fields. In the SAP environment, this mainly concerns pool and cluster tables. In an Oracle 9.2 database, you must reorganize these tables offline using Export/Import (see below). As of Oracle 10g, you can convert the LONG fields into LOB fields online, in connection with SAP/Basis kernel 7.00 (or higher). You can reorganize all online tables after they have been converted.

>Caution:As regards the LONG to LOB conversion, refer to the Oracle recommendation in Note 835552. Due to the field type incompatibilities caused in the ABAP Dictionary, the LONG to LOB conversion is no longer supported for SAP Kernel 6.40.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)