cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Server in 3 Tier Architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

what is Message server? where it is actually used?

why iam asking this is, iam installing SAP Ecc 6. in Distribution method in my Server.le., we have one server for SAP application & another server for SQL Databse. Application Instance will run in one server, DB instance should run in another server.

For that, iam generating solution manager key. while generating it is asking for "Message server"

what i have to give here, either my SAP application server host name or Database server host name.

Also, plz share me your ideas and advice me on this how to proceed further

Thanks & Regads,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls run

-> se38

-> program RSPARAM

-> search for profile parameter rdisp/mshost

The value for this parameter is the ABAP message server.

The ABAP message server holds a list of all reachable

abap application servers. It is responsible for logon load

distribution.

Kr,

andreas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message Server is the key role player in SAP. It is the only one that handles work allotment to Dispatchers.

Message Server contained instance is known as Central Instance.

While generating Solution Manager keys, Central Instance attributes should be given.

Thanks,

Vamsi Krishna.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

If you have a server with central instance on it (application instance as you stated) that it where your message server runs.

So you have to give the application server name for the solution manager key.

Kind regards

Tom

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message server is the SAP instance that holds que enque process, basically the enque process is responsable for handling the database locks... so if you have 2 SAP instances one is called the message server (or central instance) and the other one is called applications server (or dialog instance).

Regards

Juan