cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Config Error - reason_status : forbidden for SM59 Test.. !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

While going as per the config guide nw04s for ADS config, I cancelled the SM59 and it seems that Accidently the ADS Destination

is deleted. We have Different SID of the ABAP and JAVA on the same host. We also have the SP 15 on ABAP and JAVA Side. And we will be using the ADS on JAVA for Adobe Print Forms at the ABAP Side.

Now, when at the ABAP Side, again I try SM59 > ADS Conn , G, HTTP Connection to External Server ( or Should I choose H - Connection to the Internal Server as the Server itself is the same , only the ABAP and JAVA SIDs are differerent ...??) , ADS User /PW .., input string Per Page 19 of Config Guide > SAVE > Test Connection > I get the Error Message that

reason_status : forbidden

Also, one quick config guide is mum about the type of ADSUser and the Regular Config Guide says that the ADSUser should be System User. And now, I also get the message at the SU01 for the ADSUser that Un Secure Log In is not allowed and for that I need to change the value of snc/accept_insecure_gui / restart the Server !!! I did not know that mere cancelling / deleting the RFC Dest would create so much mess !!!

Also, I would be using the Client for which I need this Services,.. that is fine.. but, the Guide don't say that Do I need to Specifically use the DDIC/SAP* or other than thsese 2 users !!!!!!!

Any workaround out of this ?

Pl. Help.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards

- Ishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Folks !!

At one place in the Visual Admin, we need to

select " no password change required " which was left unchecked by Mistake !

So, this was the root cause of the Error !

And yes, you do need to use the System User and NOT the default dialog user as one of the Quick Guide remains silent on type of the user you need to select for ADS_USER and ADS_AGENT .

Thanks, Greetson ! Your suggestion IS helpful and I have assigned appropriate points to you. Thanks for your time and help.

Best Regards,

- Ishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the same issue. I have checked "no password change required" under security provider> user management>ADSCallers Group-->ADSUser but still getting Connection test result as forbidden.

Once i m unchecking that option it gives connection OK but other ADS config checks get failed.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ishan,

In SM59 On your "ADS "RFC Destination make sure there is nothing maintained on the Technical Settings tab -> "HTTP Proxy options-Global Configuration" button

If you click the "Global Configuration" you will see a ppo-up window with three tabs namely Global settings, HTTP Log & HTTPS Log. Make sure two check boxes(proxy setting is active & No proxy settings for local server) are unchecked and nothing is entered in the Filter entries.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Greetson