cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing the SAP Logon for NSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have downloaded and installed sucessfully the NetWeaver 2004 ABAP. Now as per the next instruction (on page 15 of how to install download document), unable to set up a new entry in the SAP logon Window for the NSP system. The page 15 shows the following items to be filled in [ Description as NSP, System Id as NSP, Message Server as balnk, SAProuter as blank, Group/Server as localhost and System Number is preselected as 00. But how do we can get to this screen?? The SAPGUI installed don't come up with the above kind of screen?? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaison.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN.

once SAP gui is installed you should see a icon on your desktop called SAP Logon, double click to open it and then click user defined button to add

description

application server

system id and system number

Hope this is clear,

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

I was able to set up this time with the following info.

description : NSP

application server: localhost

system id: NSP

system number: 00

But getting the following error while logon,

Sapgui 640

Error: partner not reached (host 127.0.0.1, service sapdb00)

Component: NI (network interface)

Release: 640

Version: 37

Module: nixxi_r.cpp

Method: NiPConnect2

Return Code: -10

System Call: SiPeekPendConn

Error No: 10061

Error Text: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

Counter: 1

Any help on this highly appreciated.

thanks, jaison

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats the IP address maintained when you installed loop back adapter (as per documenation it should be 10.10.0.10)

Edit hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc to add a entry for <you comupter name> 10.10.0.10

then in the logon pag inplace of localhost give your computer name. (alternatively you can point local host to 10.10.0.10)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for your reply. Haved added the name of the computer for 10.10.0.10 in host file. I had localhost as 127.0.0.1. I forgot to mention earlier, I have a router before the cable modem and now I get error the same error but showing the IP address of the router. Also I don't remember mentioning the IP address during the installation.

I tried putting the IP address in the logon menu and getting error as "connection to host 10.10.0.10, timed out". Am I missing any set up here??. Requesting to help.

Thanks,

Jaison.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if its a local installation (the documentaion says if no DHCP server is available, but its a good practice to install loop back adapter) and one of the pre requisite is to install microsoft loop back adapter and during that installation you have to specify the ip address.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this error, i think you should start your SAPMMC(SAP console) service first.

if the service start is OK( need your PC logon password),

so you just set localhost as SAP server, it shoul work.

good luck.

Regards,

Star.D